• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uhh Opinions Please :D

Thanks guys.

Do any of you think Android Market will get as many good apps as Iphone?

UPDATE: THE MILESTONE CANNOT HAVE CUSTOM ROMS???? CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY??
Also, can you add nexus one wallpapers with the interactive background?? Oh, one more thing. Is there a way to port the nexus one keyboard on the milestone (I mean the voice part on the keyboard. The speech to text thingy on the keyboard)

Android already has just about the same amount of "good apps" as iphone. Most of iphones apps are repeats and copies or varieations of each other.

As far as I know any phone can have a custom rom, someone just needs to make it.

Yes you can probably get the n1 keyboard on the milestone.(not sure, educated guess)

Interactive bg, don't know.

Upvote 0
Dodge and chevy are both better than ford :p!! It all comes down to personal preference.
But please tell me how Virtual keyboard being a deal breaker would be a low standard? I mean I thought it would be important to have a virtual keyboard that is actually easy to use to text. My mytouch has a decent one, but the iphones is better by far.

You remind me of the kids in school who were wearing trench coats and all black just because you wanted to be "different" from what other people were doing, yet inside you really just wanted to fit in.

Dont hate on the Iphone/ipod because you dont have one and because everyone else on the forum is hating on them too. Sheep

Plus the moto droid looks like a hunk of crap anyways

No problem with the iPhone here if that really is what works for you but i for one would not say the keyboard was a deal breaker. It's definitely not unimportant but for those of us that aren't texting 24/7 (like my daughter), there are a lot of other keyboards that will do. I'm more interested in other things such as the screen, battery life, and just general overall feel. There may be plenty of phones that can compete with the iPhone depending on what's important to you. Take that along with the fact that AT&T is crappy where I live AND I like my own carrier, then I can find plenty of other alternatives. I'd probably have myself Nexus One if it was being sold directly through T-Mo vs Google and be quite happy with it. All that said, I have plenty of good friends who swear by their iPhone so I will assume it does quite well in meeting their needs and no doubt is a great little phone. Just not for me.

Upvote 0
Stick with the Iphone. I have both an Iphone 3G and a Behold 2 and I still Love my Iphone :)!

Watch for posts like this. They are generally trolls. That post count of 11 is amazing! I bet you half of them are iphone related, at least half.

EDIT: My original suspicion is correct, he is indeed a troll. 8/11 of his posts are either bashing android or pro iphone.

Upvote 0
Well guys I just wanted to remind you that I live in Canada and every service provider has Iphone 3Gs. IOWA, once again you are amazing. I was just thinking of buying an iphone again -_-. I have a 90% of getting the milestone and a 10% chance of getting the iphone. Need I remind you, I have already had an Ipod Touch, and the only thing that is different between milestone and ipod touch is the market (obviously milestone is better). I am really looking forward to a change, but I want to keep the app store. Right now gaming is what I desire. ( But i still want a change, and I am getting the phone for three years so I can only hope that there will be more apps in android.

Upvote 0
Watch for posts like this. They are generally trolls. That post count of 11 is amazing! I bet you half of them are iphone related, at least half.

EDIT: My original suspicion is correct, he is indeed a troll. 8/11 of his posts are either bashing android or pro iphone.
Even if you ignore post count, posts that blindly recommend a solution are of dubious value. A good recommendation takes into account the needs/wants of the person receiving the recommendation. Unfortunately, the former are much more common on the various forum sites I frequent. Fanboys assume that what works for them must work for everyone else.

Upvote 0
Android Market also has lots of veriety - and you don't have the Apple control freakery deciding what can and can't go in...

Well im more of a game fan.. like the Rock Band for ipod touch.. but since my ipod is broken im really not sure what to get. I love the specs of milestone but i also want app store... Any suggestions?

I have already had an Ipod Touch, and the only thing that is different between milestone and ipod touch is the market (obviously milestone is better). I am really looking forward to a change, but I want to keep the app store. Right now gaming is what I desire. ( But i still want a change, and I am getting the phone for three years so I can only hope that there will be more apps in android.

@ mohitrocks, don't know how this would affect you, but as you are a gaming person & living in Canuck land...I'd think you'll like to know that you are only allow to download FREE apps in the Canadian Android App Market (so this restricts you to what you can download basically) I am not sure if this is a Rogers thing, as Rogers is the only carrier that has Android phones at the moment (unless this has changed, I believe the Droid will be the first android to Telus and Bell does not have any Android). One of the rumour I read was that because Canadian Android developers can't sell apps on the Android Market, that's why we can't buy. Well if you want the Droid and you're willing to void your warranty to be able to buy apps...you can root your phone. Anyways...I don't really dl apps...so if I'm incorrect here, then please correct me.

When Can We Buy Android Apps in Canada? | Android in Canada Blog

Upvote 0
Well Telus is currently selling HTC Hero, so you are wrong on that part. Second, there was a recent report that something "cool" about it. (Refer to this website: MobileSyrup.com - Canadian Mobile Phone News & Reviews - Cell phones and Accessories ) I can only hope it means bootloader is coming to the milestone, enabling me to download custom roms when I root. (Doubt it but I hope :( ) I'm pretty sure Telus has somehow blocked the root and I will have to wait for someone to re-root it. I hope there is a future update to get paid apps on milestone. Now I am falling towards going back to getting iphone. ( Oh, does anyone know where I can get a short-circuited ipod touch fixed for 50 dollars?)

Upvote 0
I think half the people on this site hate on the iphone because everyone else does. I think along with iphone fan boys and fan girls there should be a Iphone hater fan boy club. I have a zune hd and a ipod touch. The ipod touch blows the zune hd away. The only thing I really think the zune does that the ipod doesnt is it has hd radio... but if youve got the money to invest in a 300$ mp3 player chances are you like music and you have a lot of it, so you wont need some *** hd radio. So take it from someone who has both of these mp3 players and can give you a real review... not just some bull crap opinion that probably has no support.

The reason i say Iphone is because the virtual keyboard dominates all other virtual keyboards ive ever used....

the mytouch i have is cool, but I think before summer ill be switching to an unlocked iphone....

and yes iowa, it would be better than the ford gt... What car isnt better then ford? :p

See herein is the problem. The iphone dominates all keyboards you've ever used. So one can assume your logic is sound since obviously you've tried a bunch of them? But I use the Swype keyboard, it's a few times better then any other keyboard I've ever used including the iphone keyboard. So it would be equaly correct for me to say it is the best keyboard I've ever used. The differance would be in how much research I put into my opinion. Either way I have established that Swype is the better keyboard. If you have tried Swype then you are either biased or flat out lying. Irelevant. How ever applying the same logic to the rest of what you say means that you are not really qualified to make the claim that the itouch is better then the zuneHD. Equally irrelevant, because in the end it's all opinions anyway. What's really relevant here is how you call anyone's opinion that isn't in sync with yours bull crap. That coupled with your threat of moving to an iphone means one thing and only one thing. You're here to stir up trouble?

Upvote 0
I think half the people on this site hate on the iphone because everyone else does. I think along with iphone fan boys and fan girls there should be a

See herein is the problem. The iphone dominates all keyboards you've ever used. So one can assume your logic is sound since obviously you've tried a bunch of them? But I use the Swype keyboard, it's a few times better then any other keyboard I've ever used including the iphone keyboard. So it would be equaly correct for me to say it is the best keyboard I've ever used. The differance would be in how much research I put into my opinion. Either way I have established that Swype is the better keyboard. If you have tried Swype then you are either biased or flat out lying. Irelevant. How ever applying the same logic to the rest of what you say means that you are not really qualified to make the claim that the itouch is better then the zuneHD. Equally irrelevant, because in the end it's all opinions anyway. What's really relevant here is how you call anyone's opinion that isn't in sync with yours bull crap. That coupled with your threat of moving to an iphone means one thing and only one thing. You're here to stir up trouble?

+1 bravo!

plus IMO hardware keyboards are generaly better anyway.... for heavy texters... and since androidos has devices with qwerty's, wouldnt that automatically knock down the vitruaboard on the iphone a few notches?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones