• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK Government lost the plot - Big Society

bonerp

Android Expert
Apr 12, 2010
UK
Cameron is insane....

He thinks we should all continue to pay taxes etc for services that they are now going to remove, and we do it ourselves for free - ie recycling, voluntary work etc! WTF is he on??

I am proud to say I didnt vote for these goons - and before anyone slags me off for being a labour voter - yes I did vote for them...now lets just remember they didnt single handidly cause the recession - it was a global issue! You all wanted big houses didnt you.....???!

When I see 'Dave' washing the windows on no 10 then I'll go out and paint a lamp post. Until then, why don't we use some of these spongers that come into the UK and sit on their fat backsides to do this and 'earn' their benefits?!?!? Same as those lazy gets on the social that still manage to have a 42" LCD hung on their wall....

If we want to get shot of this debt, the only clear way to do this is by putting up taxes. And hard - 2-4%. At least its a short sharp shock and none of this nonsense. This condem party will destroy the UK.

Agreed with mpw that the fundamental issue is the spending. I think that was one of the primary problems saddling labour going into the elections: Brown was perceived as a knee-jerk Keynesian throwing money out in the name of stimulus while the country was growing in indebtedness. On the heels of the whole Greek fiasco, and the rising concerns throughout world concerning the PIIGS, the electorate felt it needed an alternative. Cameron's effectiveness is going to be guaged ultimately on his willingness to undertake serious spending reforms. There are limits to how much you can tax the rich in the modern era since money and people with money are so mobile and transnational, and England must remain competitive on that account should balancing the books be the primary priority. If Cameron can really begin changing chav culture, then maybe his government will be successful, but he needs to initiate a revolution in public spending unseen since Thatcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones