• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UK T-Mobile upgrader deals?

For a long time I was fixated on the HTC One X as the phone I was replacing was a HTC Desire - in many ways an excellent phone and my daughter now has it. At the last minute, perhaps influenced by some Samsung TV ads, plus the fact that I could get the Note cheaper than the One X, I went for the Note. I don't regret it at all. But one of the guys on the One X forum here used the same company (Chitter Chatter) and got a much better T-Mobile upgrade deal than me.

He is on

Chitter Chatter, unsurprisingly, are unsympathetic. Despite the significant difference in deals even though we had basically the same previous contracts, they say I was given the best deal possible. Naturally, I'm not at all happy about this and have detailed the issue in a new thread on the HTC One X forum where the recommendation to try Chitter Chatter came from (when I was still weighing up the One X and Note).

http://androidforums.com/htc-one-x/539214-chitter-chatter-deal-i-suckered.html

Comments are very welcome - I'd be interested to know if anyone else here has had a wildly different value upgrade deal to another comparable forum member here. What are your experiences?

Ian

Upvote 0
I hope you have lots of minutes with that plan :)

The plan I got with Chitter Chatter is by no means terrible but I need to know why someone else got a significantly better deal. I'm assuming that Google Navigation data will be metered, for example. I need to find a 3G data monitor app that can distinguish between web browsing (which is unlimited on my plan) and metered data.

Ian

Upvote 0
Ian, you might find My Data Manager useful. It has 3 widgets and I use the 4 x 1 which shows how much mobile data I've used, how much wifi and how many days left in the cycle. I'd forgotten what it was called when I went to type this so clicked on it to check only to find that it also gives a breakdown of how much data each app has been using, wifi and mobile, by month, day, hour and plan cycle. Fantastic amount of info and it's free!

Reactions: ifb-online
Upvote 0
Have installed My Data Manager - looks good :)

Been doing more research; T-Mobile free unlimited Web browsing includes Facebook and emails, but not email attachments or any streaming or file downloads or uploads. Unfortunately, data for Google Navigation comes out of your allowance.

As it happens, have just added my second daughter (making four phones in all now on my account) to my T-Mobile account - great deal on a HTC Wildfire for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones