• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ultimate Droid 2.1 ERE25 ROM vs Simply Stunning 2.1 ERE25 ROM?

well for me, the stability of SS is better, i nandroided to ultimate 3.7, then update.zip to 4.0 and did an update.zip to 2.1 better version and it force closed a TON! mostly the launcher stuff, pretty unbearable... i dunno what a nandroided version of its like. but with the launcher, probably not good.

so SS has been stable, it has patches to fix the minor bugs, its not bad

Upvote 0
well for me, the stability of SS is better, i nandroided to ultimate 3.7, then update.zip to 4.0 and did an update.zip to 2.1 better version and it force closed a TON! mostly the launcher stuff, pretty unbearable... i dunno what a nandroided version of its like. but with the launcher, probably not good.

so SS has been stable, it has patches to fix the minor bugs, its not bad

Wonder if the FCs were due to using Update? I see he removed the update.zip and just has a nandroid..

What do some of the screens for SS Look like?

Upvote 0
they are blue haha. a lot of blue :) its nice, 5 screens. sounds like everything works, i haven't tested it all, but i have not had one FC since i patched it

CAP201003022222.jpg

the blue smaller home beautiful widgets is my own doing

Upvote 0
SS has been better for me, once I got it running. Had some boot loop problems that I couldn't figure out which randomly fixed themselves when I re-restored the nandroid backup. Now that it's fully up and running, it's the smoothest ROM I've used so far, running very fast and cool. I am not too fond of some of the design choices in the theme, which I may mix and match, but overall it's one of the better ones I've used so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones