• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Un-installing superuser

maple

Nov 12, 2010
Alright, I got the OTA update from verizon so I lost my root during it. Well, I had the superuser app that I could not delete. I've read and read and read and people said I had to re-flash SBF and I did. I re-rooted my phone but I am STILL not able to uninstall superuser. Can somebody please lend me a hand. All the information I am reading is incorrect or not working for me! :mad:

Alright, I got the OTA update from verizon so I lost my root during it. Well, I had the superuser app that I could not delete. I've read and read and read and people said I had to re-flash SBF and I did. I re-rooted my phone but I am STILL not able to uninstall superuser. Can somebody please lend me a hand. All the information I am reading is incorrect or not working for me! :mad:

Your on the OTA GB? I don't think it can be rooted?

Anyways, possibly a factory reset would do the trick, or have you tried?

Upvote 0
Factory reset will NOT remove it. It's a system app and a factory reset only deals with data and apps in the data partition. If you're rooted you need this app. It handles root permissions. Only way to get rid of it is to delete it from the system/app directory which requires root. I dunno how the phone would handle rooted once you uninstall superuser. The only real successful way to get rid of it is to SBF then you won't be rooted as well.

Upvote 0
Factory reset will NOT remove it. It's a system app and a factory reset only deals with data and apps in the data partition. If you're rooted you need this app. It handles root permissions. Only way to get rid of it is to delete it from the system/app directory which requires root. I dunno how the phone would handle rooted once you uninstall superuser. The only real successful way to get rid of it is to SBF then you won't be rooted as well.
So, if I un-root it, superuser will go away? I am running Z4root right now. I flashed it back just so I can uninstall it. I could care less about rooting it anymore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones