• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to find .n64oid folder in mnt/sdcard

demonflame5

Aug 11, 2012
Hi, I'm new to smartphones, and I've searched long and hard for a solution to this problem, but to no avail.

So, I downloaded an app called n64oid, it isn't available on the google play store, so I connected my phone to my PC via USB and put the APK on the external device called "Phone."

I installed it with Astro Manager.

After installing it, everything works great, the app works fine, games work fine; however, I am unable to access the .n64oid folder in the mnt/sdcard directory.

I want to access it so I can put in textures for the games. I know the folder exists because when I look at SD Usage in astro manager, it shows it.

From what I understand, the folder should be here. I shouldn't have to root my phone or anything. I couldn't find any solution, I tried using PTP, enabling USB Debugging, using Kies, but nothing.

I also tried installing it with another app, APK Installer, but the problem persists.

I don't see any folders starting with a "." through windows explorer.

But with Astro File Manager, SD Card Usage, the folder, ".n64oid," is there taking up 7.58 M of space.

There's a guy with a similar problem on another forum, they haven't solved it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=978869&page=19

Post #189.

Do you think it could be a defect with my phone?

Upvote 0
Okay, so there is something wrong with my PC, lol. I did enable show hidden files on my PC, but it's not working.

On Astro manager, I clicked enable hidden files and it shows it. Sorry about the stupid question due to my ignorance.

But, I don't know what's wrong with my windows, I did enable it and it's not showing any "." files.
Here's a snapshot of my PC:
http://i.imgur.com/6OfTp.png

It's probably something wrong with my PC I guess... I'll look more into it. Regardless, thanks for the assistance.

Upvote 0
I don't think MTP shows you the raw file system (it doesn't on my SCH-I535). Additionally, it may opt not to show unix hidden files (those beginning with "."). Windows does not hide files beginning with ".". You could test this by temporarily renaming .n64oid to n64oid (remove the ".") on the phone and see if it displays in Windows; this could be a workaround.

Try using a Windows program called Droid Explorer; it uses ADB for file exploring and does show you the raw file system (really handy if you're rooted). Be sure to navigate to /mnt/sdcard.

Upvote 0
I think the problem here is likely to be that you need to go into N64oid and enable HR texture packs, it isn't enabled by default and I don't think it creates the folder until you enable it (if that doesn't work then enable HR-textures and create a save game in any game and then it should be there, can't remember which of the two steps worked for me, it was a long time ago). You definitely don't need to mess around with folder properties or anything in order to browse to it from any file manager on the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones