1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to install new apps or update old ones

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JarffVC, Feb 9, 2011.

1. JarffVC

JarffVC Member

I have an HTC Hero running Fresh 2.1 configured to use apps2sd. My SD card is an 8gb class 10 Kingston.

When I try to perform either task, update or install, I get the error message "Insufficient space available". Under SD & Phone Storage I see that the internal space available is 46.7mb, which seems to be a bit small considering the apps2sd, and the card has 3bg still available.

I took the steps outlined on geekfor.me for verifying that the apps2sd is working to verify that all is well there.

I'm not sure where to look next. Anyone have any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JarffVC

JarffVC Member

I think I figured it out myself but I'll never know for sure. After a couple of hours scouring for an answer to my quandry I decided I was wasting my time and decided to upgrade to a Froyo rom. When I tried to flash the rom I got an error message that that the phone couldn't read the ext partition. I took advantage of the "repair ext" option and was able to move on with the installation of aosp 9.9.2. I bet the ext partition had become corrupted somehow and I could have maybe gotten away with just repairing it. I'm glad I didn't though, Froyo rocks!

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews