• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to install new apps or update old ones

JarffVC

Mar 14, 2010
I have an HTC Hero running Fresh 2.1 configured to use apps2sd. My SD card is an 8gb class 10 Kingston.

When I try to perform either task, update or install, I get the error message "Insufficient space available". Under SD & Phone Storage I see that the internal space available is 46.7mb, which seems to be a bit small considering the apps2sd, and the card has 3bg still available.

I took the steps outlined on geekfor.me for verifying that the apps2sd is working to verify that all is well there.

I'm not sure where to look next. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think I figured it out myself but I'll never know for sure. After a couple of hours scouring for an answer to my quandry I decided I was wasting my time and decided to upgrade to a Froyo rom. When I tried to flash the rom I got an error message that that the phone couldn't read the ext partition. I took advantage of the "repair ext" option and was able to move on with the installation of aosp 9.9.2. I bet the ext partition had become corrupted somehow and I could have maybe gotten away with just repairing it. I'm glad I didn't though, Froyo rocks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones