1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unable to sync Gmail account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ssaslow, May 3, 2013.

1. ssaslow

ssaslow Lurker

My Stratosphere worked fine but in the last few days (maybe since the system update) My Gmail will not sync in the stock email app. It works fine on the Gmail app...

It keeps giving me a sync error and wont' let me delete emails in the gmail account of the stock email app that already exist. My other pop accounts are working normally in the stock email app.

I tried re-putting in my password and I keep getting an I/O error...

Any solutions? Rather not do a factory reset. I tried deleting the gmail account and it gave me an I/O error so deleting it and re-adding it won't work.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I thought gmail is the stock email app? Is the gmail app you download different then the stock version?

3. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

This actually sounds like a flash memory read-write error, that is only time I have seen "I/O Error"... kind of like a bad block on a hard drive. I would try a factory default, and if that fails the device will likely need to be replaced.

Samsung Stratosphere Forum

The Samsung Stratosphere release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1800mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews