• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unbrick lg volt boost

hello I was trying to flash a new ROM to my lg volt from boost but something went wrong and my phone bricked and I have tryed using lg flash tool and through download mode but no good results.. please help!!!

Please give specifics on what errors or problems you are having with LG Flash Tools. It should work for you. Screenshots, pics etc will shortcut the process a great deal if you can swing that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hello and thanks for replying, well pretty much I first rooted it and installed cwm recovery.. then I was looking for a ROM other than the stock one and I found this 5.0 lollypop ROM for lg volt that was splitted in three parts.. I'm sure you know which one I am talking about well anyway.. I downloaded and attempted to install and everything was going well until I got the Mssg " installation aborted" but didn't say anything alse after that I opted for boot up the phone again BUT it got stcked in the "lg logo" when you first turn it on.. I can go to recovery but when trying to boot it up to use it it just give the "lg logo" nothing more.. hope you can help me please.. and about screen shots I think they won't be that useful cause I can only go to recovery or the lg logo.. thanks.

Upvote 0
hello and thanks for replying, well pretty much I first rooted it and installed cwm recovery.. then I was looking for a ROM other than the stock one and I found this 5.0 lollypop ROM for lg volt that was splitted in three parts.. I'm sure you know which one I am talking about well anyway.. I downloaded and attempted to install and everything was going well until I got the Mssg " installation aborted" but didn't say anything alse after that I opted for boot up the phone again BUT it got stcked in the "lg logo" when you first turn it on.. I can go to recovery but when trying to boot it up to use it it just give the "lg logo" nothing more.. hope you can help me please.. and about screen shots I think they won't be that useful cause I can only go to recovery or the lg logo.. thanks.

Without the ability to access custom recovery, the only real option is to use lg flash tools to restore the stock tot. That's primarily where I was looking for more info about errors and so forth. I think your best bet is to focus on any issues you're having with the restoring stock firmware effort. We should be able to work through that and get the phone flashed back to stock. Then you can regroup from there. You do have the tot and dll for this device I take it?

Upvote 0
yes I can get into custom recovery!... so I tryed download those files to an SD card and then put in my lg volt to install through custom recovery but nothing happen after...and I had those files like the tot and DLL and lg flash tool but then again nothing happens.. since I got this error "DL parallel not found" something like that..

Upvote 0
I can go to recovery but when trying to boot it up to use it it just give the "lg logo" nothing more..

yes I can get into custom recovery!...

Ah ok. I read the first quote above to mean when you tried to enter custom recovery, it instantly resulted in the lg logo rather than the typical custom recovery menu options. Ok so if you can in fact get into custom recovery, that would be a better way to fix it but the problem is...where are all the custom roms for your device? Are there any stable ones you've found? I have no idea what the "3 part" rom is, I don't own this device but that sounds like a red flag honestly. Most flashable custom roms are in the form of a single zip file.

If you absolutely can't find a working custom rom, we can further discuss the lg flash tools option again. I'm not sure what's up with that DL Parallel error. I'd point you to the tools and instructions here though:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

Even though that's for the LG G2, the instructions and tools would be identical. The only thing you'd change obviously is using YOUR tot and dll instead. Your error could be due to an older version of flash tools or something I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
I have done the lg g2 option as well and every time I open lg flash I get the "DL parallel not found" Mssg. no matter from where I download the lg flash tool it sure looks different in all versions but they all give the same error.. and I download the original software for lg volt but nothing happens after trying to flash .

Upvote 0
I going to try with the link you provided today.. I will come back to tell how it went. thanks for valuable help :)

Ok, remember you still need to use the same megalock.dll listed there and swap it out with one that comes default the lg flash tools folder per the instructions. All LG's would share that megalock.dll - it simply unlocks the program for proper usage by anyone with an LG device of any model. It's only the tot and device dll that are different for you. That confuses some people, just wanted to be sure that was clear. :)

Upvote 0
hi.. well I just did everything again but the webpage where the KDZ is or was because it longer exist as it says.. "page not found" so I have been looking for the kdz download but none of all web pages talking about has an actual working linkg for this file..what should I do next?
The last update i knew of was ZV4 which was said to be unrootable and required a roll back to ZV3 which could be rooted. All in all not much of a difference. So i would say go here and follow the instructions posted. It has a working link for ZV3.
http://androidforums.com/threads/guide-rooting-guide-updated-5-10-2015.893332/
Once you flash the files, the phone should boot up. Then you can continue on and root or stop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones