• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" error

2xilr8

I have a Bauhn ASP-4500z Android 4 .1 1 smartphone that I recently purchased from Aldi. The phone has been great. However since mid July, I have been receiving the following message every day. I am on an Aldi prepaid unlimited Bolt-on service which uses the Telstra Network. And I'm located in Campbelltiwn NSW Australia.

Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.

This message appears each time I open a website, each time I email, each time I play a game. This is really annoying.

I have tried to open Google play store, but this no longer works either. The same stupid message appears. So I can't even check if there is a new version of Google play.

The message appears whether I'm using SIM Data or connected to Wi-Fi at home.

I've read somewhere and tried to clear the data on the Google Play Services App and Google Play Store app. This initially allows play store to eofk , but 5 minutes later its stuffed again.

I thought that Google/Android had there software in check and that their product was as good as iPhone, but I guess I was wrong. Its probably some virus that is causing the problem.

Can anyone assist me to fix this problem.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1377514

Try this. Its worked for me before:

1) Go to the application management screen of "Google Play Store".

2) Clear cache of "Google Play Store".

3) Force stop "Google Play Store".

DO NOT CLEAR DATA OF "Google Play Store".

4) Go to the application management screen of "Google Services Framework".

5) Clear data of "Google Services Framework".

6) Confirm it.

7) Reboot phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones