• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Unity_Android Bluetooth Plugin

Huzyfee

Lurker
Aug 5, 2016
Hi Everyone!!

So, after taking deep dig at Android Plugins for unity, I understand its not easy task.

Task: I want to make a application in unity which on run time open Android bluetooth connect with a particular hardware and start getting data serially.

Things I understand: I need to write a java plugin using Android Studio, call the Java functions from C# to open/close/send/receive the data.

Now ISSUES!!: I have written a code in Java to connect with Hardware and get the data and displays on Mobile screen via Bluetooth. The code is totally working as a Application but when I try to convert it as a Library it just doesn't work. I am not able to get access the data using Unity application. Please any pointers to getting started with or how to pursue it would be really appreciated.

I have attached my working Android Project which turns the bluetooth ON and show the incoming data on Screen from hardware. In my case I was sending Potentiometer data using Arduino.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3MI9RNDYypwbENPd21oTUlzUWs/view?usp=sharing

Please any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Huzaifa

I've not used Unity, but it's possible to call Android plugins from your C# code. Have you looked at this?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PluginsForAndroid.html

It even provides a whole sample project, calling an Android plugin library. Maybe you could look at the code, and it will give you an idea where you're going wrong?
yes I have looked into it. but the documentation is not very helpful. I was able to call functions from the android plugin through c# but when I start writing my bluetooth code into library and then try to call it .. this is just driving me crazy.
the problem I am facing right now is when I was using android studio I was even unable to toast whereas after using ant for making android library I am able to toast.. and but when using ant I am unable to include v7 app compat library.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones