• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlimited 3G Data on 4G Verizon Phones for $50 on Prepaid Plan?

The only place I could find that language mentioned was in a quote of the Verizon T&C from 2007 and what I believe to be the current US Cellular T&C. Can you provide a link? It's not in the current Customer Agreement available on their website.

Honestly, I have no bone to pick here, and I don't really need my unlimited data (although I do like having it). I just don't think that Verizon subscribers need to be in a hurry to get worked up about this issue. Many people across other forums report using well over 5GB with no or minimal (e.g. throttling during peak times, on congested towers) repercussions from Verizon.

You're right, unlimited data in its current incarnation will certainly go away at some point. I think that either we'll see it coming a ways down the road, because it will be a gradual process, or that if it happens suddenly, it will ultimately impact very few people, because Verizon has the patience and the revenue to wait this one out vs. creating something of a PR nightmare.

No need to get anyone worked up about it, or worry if you go over 5GB in the meantime though.

Upvote 0
Just to keep this thread clear the article was written on May 16th 2012 and in my opinion is that it is referring to what has already transpired.

Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

As far as this goes it is for 3g. When Verizon bought the LTE 4G there was rules applied that they are not allowed to throttle your data for over usage. They can throttle your data for to much traffic so everyone gets "equal' data speeds but not for the amount you used.

(c)(1)... The potential for excessive bandwidth demand alone shall not constitute grounds for denying, limiting or restricting access to the network. 47 CFR

Upvote 0
Alright guys in a quest to flash my verizon sgs3 to verizon prepaid I came across this thread and wanted to say a couple things and maybe help some people out.

1) Verizon does still have the 50 dollar prepaid plan and you can flash android phones to it.

2) It is gonna end eventually but that's after 4g is so wide spread..... well they won't have 3g anymore according to them.

3) here's a how to video on flashing an htc evo 4g lte to verizon prepaid

before you ask if I've flashed different phones and so fourth (if you do) the process is basically the same for most phones except for 4g verizon phones because they use a sim card.

Upvote 0
Great news everyone!!!

I'm finally starting to see the white light at the end of this long tunnel.
I can't believe this process is so simple that it takes an average of 10-15 minutes tops (maybe more or less depending on several factors). It took me 6 months to figure out a quick process, because I missed a crucial step way back along the way.

To sum it up and answer my own questions...

Can you get Unlimited 3G Data on a 3G/4G phone?
The answer is YES!!!
Can the process be reversed?
The answer is YES!!!
Everything works, calls, texts, mms, web, apps,
the whole thing works as you would expect it to. Hotspot is working so is everything else. Decent 3G speeds too, no 4G... yet ...!!!

Keep in mind, this whole process involves crossing a line that most cell phone carriers do not want the average Joe to cross, yet alone anyone else.

That being said, this subject tends to be a touchy one which is why I never posted a how-to-guide like some users requested via private messaging. Most subjects in similarity to this one, on different forums (including this forum) tend to get taken down due to the nature of this process. There's a reason why there's not much help in here for someone to duplicate what's been done, and there's a reason why most can't find similar subjects elsewhere.

Take a look at this post on this link...
http://androidforums.com/lounge/681...ion-illegal-after-01-25-13-a.html#post5473398

Having said all that, my "main" research is coming to an end soon, although I have more things to look in to, I don't think I will be done experimenting yet. I have a lot more things to test, a lot of things to try. There is no gain of any kind whatsoever, that includes any financial gain like the type you see everywhere.

I had a million questions with not much help, not a lot of places where I could look for help, not a lot of people I could ask for help due to the fact that most people are busy trying to rip off the average Joe on eBay, Craigslist and everywhere else with this type of information, this was one of the reasons I decided to take this challenge upon myself. Everything has been, and will continue to be for knowledge because there's no educational purpose here. There's nothing to learn. So you might say, why bother then? It's simple, it was a challenge that I took upon myself, I came, I saw, I conquered. In other words, because I could, I can, I did.
My question is wether or not the prepaid unlimited they're selling on ebay is legal and will it last?

Upvote 0
My question is wether or not the prepaid unlimited they're selling on ebay is legal and will it last?

To answer your question: No, it's not legal.

If it was, wireless providers would offer the work-around service instead but they don't for a reason, because I figure it's more profitable for all companies to charge more for less.

Keep in mind what the flashing process involves, a couple of steps to be exact but it just happens that one of those steps is illegal (the other steps might be too) but there is one step in particular that tops the list.

" ...As a result, the Wireless Telephone Protection Act of 1998 expanded prior law to criminalize the use, possession, manufacture or sale of cloning hardware or software... "

That quote there is from the FCC website which should tell you whether the sale of the stuff you see on ebay will last or not. I mean, it's for sale now like it was back when I began to look into this subject, but not a lot of people report the items or eBay just doesn't look into the matter to do anything about it.

Upvote 0
Just to clear things up, I was trying to bust someone's chops before everyone jumped in to tackle me and make this topic drift into something else.

On another note, I have some questions about what I've been experimenting with. You could say after all of this, I'm still trying out a couple of things, I get stuck here and there and I have a couple of questions. I have gone through trials and errors and I get stumped with things I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with. If you are familiar with the main topic of this thread (and not the off-drifted-to-topic), send me a PM, if you are new to this, then I can't help you much.

Upvote 0
So where did you find the guide

Guide?
What guide?
I'm the guide, you're the guide, we're all guides...
It's all in my mind...
It's all in your mind...
It's all in our minds...
You just have to look deep inside and become the guide. :smokingsomb:

On a serious note, through self exploration... and just to prove that I could... and I did... to some extent...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones