• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlock Xiaomi Bootloader

Is it easy on unlock bootloader?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

rooting media

Apr 3, 2020
How-to-unlock-bootloader-of-MI-device-768x432.jpg

BOOTLOADER – It is a program that loads and starts the boot Time tasks and Processes of an operating system of the computer. Bootloader is also known as a Boot Manager Or Bootstrap Loader.

Merits Of Unlocking MI Bootloader

• By default your system don’t allow to access some files. Through Unlocking Bootloader you can access these files.
  • After unlocking bootloader you can install TWRP Recovery

Here i’m going to discuss the procedure of unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi devices. So lets start. I hope you are learning very well through this article. Stay tune with us.
Unlock OEM and Enable Developer Option
Go to the phone setting and click “About Phone
Then Find Build Number & tap on build number 7 times to enable “Developer Option
  • Now your device will verify that this device is eligible for unlocking or not
  • You have to wait and a popup will appear that your device is eligible.
  • Atlast scroll down & also unlock OEM

• Below the OEM unlocking Option An another option named “ MI Unlock status
  • Tap to Enable” A notice will popup On your Device that you have to agree” Below a infographic show how the option looks like
  • After clicking on agree your device will show you that “ This Device is Locked” It means you MI device bootloader is locked.
  • Now you have to scroll down and click on
  • Now you have to open this website in your “PC/ Laptop” This is not open open in your android device.
  • Now i’m going in my pc to show you how things works
  • Open your chrome or any browser and search
  • Open the first you which you will see” Website looks like as screenshot Given Below”
  • Now Tap the button “unlock Now
  • A new screen is show you that is given below and show this “How to Unlock”
  • Caution- Here miui said about the warning of unlocking Bootloader.
  • Now Tap On “Download MI unlock
  • A zip file is download in your computer or Laptop
  • Now we have to extract this zip file “ It takes some time so have some patience”
  • The extracted file name is “miflash_unlock” (whatever name you given)

After folowing this guide i'm sure you'll unlock your MI Bootloader easily. But it takes times so be patience and once you request for unlock redmi Bootloader then rest will do by xiaomi INC by servers.
If this article helps you comment below.

The source of content is officially twrpupdate.com but i already take permission to publish here. If you have any query comment below. I'm ready to answer your query as soon as time allows.

Reactions: Chipstak
I have a Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro phone, a phone I would like to unlock the bootloader on. I don't know if anyone did this operation according to your "manual", I practically don't understand anything. It would be better to make another one more understandable, this more confusing than helpful.
well we are here to help. which part do you not understand? the very first thing you need to do is enable oem unlock bootloader which is what the first 4-5 steps are describing. did you get that far at least?

Upvote 0
I am authenticated with the Mi account. I don't know how to unlock "MI Unlock". Without this I can't continue.
so the above guide is just a copy and paste of this guide:https://twrpupdate.com/unlock-bootloader-of-mi-device/. it has all the pictures included that might help.

and if you can please tell us exactly where you are stuck or confused. just remember the more details you give us the better we can help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones