• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unlocking a HTC Desire HD

Double99

Lurker
Feb 17, 2011
Hi all,

I have just purchased a HTC Desire HD, locked to Orange in the UK (and its Orange branded). I have tried to different companies to obtain a unlocking code so I can use it on the T-Mobile network. But neither of them could obtain a code. One company sent me JICTech software to unlock the phone or alternatively I can get one of the many Mobile Phone shops near me to unlock it for me.

My question is this.

1. If I use the software to unlock the phone (either at home or from a shop), will this prevent me from getting any future google android updates. If I do get the updates which company would they come from?

2. Will it affect anything else on my phone (functionality etc)?

My girlfriend has this phone and I love it, but don't want to ruin it for the future. If it doesn't work I tempted to sell it and but another one that I can use with T-Mobile.

Many Thanks
Cris

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones