• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UNOFFICIAL][d320n D325 ms323][KK] Carbon ROM

M

Member1771050

Why release Carbon ROM again?

Because we had one, which was a port from Motorola Moto E, and one which was working only on ms323 variant and had some bugs. Some of users asked me to build Carbon ROM once more with the latest patches, so here it is, enjoy!

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use the code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.​

Here are some screenshots:

209fw3d.jpg

2ivic7l.jpg
sce7fd.jpg

How to install:

To install, you'll need unlocked bootloader and latest TWRP recovery!
TWRP by vm03, download it here

- Copy ROM (and GApps, if you use them) to your phone;
- Make backup in TWRP
- Wipe /data, /cache, dalvik cache, and /system
- Install ROM and GApps
- Reboot and enjoy!​

Downloads

Please visit this page for downloads:
Carbon Rom Download - w5
There are two variants, one with enabled internal memory, and one with disabled (noSD). Download according to your preference.​

GApps
PA GApps
I recommend pico or nano.​
Source

Device trees: https://github.com/zlaja/android_device_lge_w5/tree/carbon
https://github.com/zlaja/android_device_lge_msm8610-common/tree/carbon
Kernel:
https://github.com/vm03/android_kernel_lge_msm8610/tree/cm-11.0
Proprietary: https://github.com/vm03/proprietary_vendor_lge_msm8610-common/tree/cm-11.0
Carbon ROM: https://github.com/CarbonDev

Features

All of our features can be found on the site here:

Carbon Features

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Changelog:

- Two independent zips, one with internal memory, and one without
- Works with repartitioned memory
- Fixed rear camera for ms323
- Fixed keys for ms323 (key above volume set as camera key)
- Boost volume on video recordings
- Front camera: Remove 720p and fix 480p video recording
- Back camera: Enable 800x480 video recording
- Fixed CVE-2015-1538 CVE-2015-1539 CVE-2015-3824 CVE-2015-3826 CVE-2015-3827 CVE-2015-3828 CVE-2015-3829
- Fixed CVE-2014-9529, CVE-2014-7825, CVE-2014-3153, CVE-2014-2523, CVE-2015-3636 CVE-2014-9715, CVE-2015-2922 in kernel
- And many more...

Bugs:
- NFC for d320n
- Other L70 variants are not fully supported!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Nice! Gonna try this on my old device, by the way @zlaja84 should I replace @MikeHoncho's version on the All Things Root with yours? Or keep it and name it Carbon (Source Built)?
I'm fine either way. I mainly did this to provide people with camera fix for ms323 and other general fixes. Honcho's is also source built, but only for ms323. It's really up to you :)

Upvote 0
hmm.. it says screen 62%, play services 14%, and everything else is lower.. :)
I use dark carbon theme, brightness is about 60-70%, and I disabled nfc, email and some other unneeded apps with Device Control from Play Store, same app as in Nameless rom.. :)
I really can't say what's wrong... What's your sot (screen on time)? Press display under battery.

Upvote 0
It was set on 1 minute by default, now its 15 seconds.. Some guys reported battery drain on CM11 thread, and you use his source, fixes and tree.. Maybe some newer fix do that? :)
No, I meant when you're in battery settings, you tap on display consupmtion (that entry which say 62%, and it will tell you sot in general (like, 3 hours, or something like that). And yes, it is possible that some patch caused that. Though I used Slim and PAC which share the same sources, and they worked fine. But, I'm a moderate user :)

Upvote 0
Amigo desde Venezuela te mereces abrazo Gran ONU !!! tengo dias Tratando de buscar Una habitación párr Lg L70 ms323 Que funcione en La Camara Y los Botones !!

La CyanogenMod 13, 12 y 12.1 no me Funcionan al conectar Presentación en PC se me Reinicia la PC .. y con carbon no me funcionaba la camara y con pacman menor mal vi al final de Tienes Que Una Nueva rom Carbono liberación !! Gracias Gracias Gracias! !!

La mejor habitación para LG MS32 L70 !!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones