1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unpacked Event 4th Sept

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MISS DIVA, Aug 5, 2013.

1. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert

Advertisement

2. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

In addition to everything else mentioned above, I think it was awesome how he drew a rectangular box in the middle of the screen and selected which app to open in there (calculator). That was sick!!!!! S-pen functionality definitely improved!!! If I get N3, this time I'm probably going to find uses for s-pen :) Need to see when my wife is due for upgrade so I can give her my Note 2 :)

Regarding Gear, a bit disappointed. I like the design and functionality, but 24hr battery life (which is questionable and more like 18-20hr), that fragile looking camera on the wrist, proprietary charging cradle, no mentioning of waterproof, only compatible with Note 3 for now (wait for S3/S4/N2 upgrades next months for compatibility - does that mean Note 2 getting 4.3?!?), and probably a hefty price tag kinds of puts it down.

Btw, I almost fell off my chair when the guy raised his hand to his ear to demonstrate answering the phone "HOT smartwatch" style. Those HOT guys on kickstarter were using that gesture as their main selling point, and I bet you Samsung has it patented already.

3. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert

I'm not feeling the camera on the watch either. Fail.

4. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor
    VIP Member

I'm curious as to the rootability of the Gear. If it gets rooted i predict the shutter sound goes away and a few more enhancements by the devs.

TS

5. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's based on modified JB, so it's inevitable to be rooted. Did you see what they have done to ancient MotoACTV? It's a pure rooted touchscreen android smartwatch thanks to a few guys on XDA. But it's obviously outdated, although it gets about 4 days of battery life. SO, I'm hoping by rooting Gear, stripping it down to lightweight bare minimum they can make it universally compatible with every android device, optimize resources, and increase battery life. They didn't mention anything about wifi radio, so it has to be tethered to your phone. Hopefully after dust settles down and price gets reduced, and custom ROM gets released - it might be a cool device ;)

6. MISS DIVA

MISS DIVA Android Enthusiast

Just eating a lovely slice of humble pie lol:D

7. Simon_Gardner

Simon_Gardner Android Expert

I've just been told UK preorder outright buy price is GBP 649. Streuth.

[​IMG]

8. Germwise

Germwise Android Enthusiast

what does seamless LTE mean? does that mean the same phone will work on ATT and Verizon? is this only for 4g? what if we drop to 3g?

9. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

MISS DIVA likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews