• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unrooted HTC Desire S (3 Network, Gingerbread 2.1) - Won't Boot - Can't Factory Reset Either

Lstuff

Lurker
Dec 19, 2011
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help. A couple of months ago my unrooted Desire S froze, and when restarted went into a continous booting cycle. To fix I did a Factory Reset and this solved the problem.

Yesterday the phone froze again, I took the battery out and now it won't boot past the initial '3' mobile welcome screen - it just stays on this screen permanently.

I tried to factory reset again, but this time after I've powered on/held down volume, I can scroll down to 'Factory Reset', hit the power on button but it then it just freezes.

I'd rather not have to leave it in the hands of 3 customer services, so is there anything else I can try myself with it in the state it's in?

I'm fairly techy, but this has never extended to rooting phones etc.

Any help appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones