• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update Available From Sprint

I updated my hero without a problem, however I am trying to update my wife's. It is on the Firmware Update screen and saying "Device is preparing your services. Please wait...." It has been doing this for about 15 minutes now.
go to the home screen, do you notive the 1x or EVDO symbol, the firmware can download in the background, I exited it while it was downloading, and it still finished and prompted me when I could update after it finished.

Upvote 0
I am glad to report the headphones play in stereo now, I listened to lady gaga, and a virtual barber shop thing, that sounds like your getting a hair cut!!! the hero sounds amazing for sound quality!!!

i've never wanted to say it, but i've not once had the headphones play in mono instead of stereo like intended. i've even tested it to be sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me heh.

glad to hear that it's been fixed for those of you who had a problem though!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The update does not wipe the phone. Kept all my apps and settings.

One thing I notice is that it still says EV-DO rev 0 and not rev A. Sprint said this was a display only bug so they should have fixed it in this release. Of course, maybe where I am I can only get rev 0? Will have to test.

Anyone out there see Rev A?
that is because of the PRI, under status settings, the new phones that show rev A have the PRI version 1.7, as we are stuck with 1.68_003, but I hope they update it someday, not a big deal

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thank you kind sir.

It has been on the HTC screen for awhile though.....I'm sure it just takes some time....coming out of it as i type.....sweet.
the reason I believe it sits there is because it rewriting the app folder, app data would get messed up causing the naming issues in the apps list, so far the things that are fixed are :
1. stereo headphones
2. messages come on time
3. 100% awake issue gone (for 99% of people)
4. apps are named correctly and have the correct picture
5. Added quick access mute and speaker phone buttons while in a call
6. updated android character while in a call
7. app search, hold down the search button while looking at your app list
8. Call on hold issue (according to another user)
9. Merged/Conference Calls work correctly now (according to another user)
10. Improvement to camera picture quality
11. DST issue addressed, "unable to receive SMS" due to "full memory" addressed
12. Memory Leak when BT is in connected state

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones