• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Update Notifications & Market Widget broken after Sept. OTA Update.

circiter

Lurker
Oct 22, 2010
Since the OTA update in September, which among other things changed the version of the Market to 2007, I have not received update notifications on the status bar at all. Furthermore, the new widget that this update brought with it doesn't appear to work at all. It just says 'Loading' for a couple of seconds while a spinner twirls, and then it just shows nothing.

Yesterday, for the 4th or 5th time since the update, I accidentally found a considerable number of apps in need of update while browsing through my downloads in the Market. Thank goodness for the new 'Update All' feature. The problem with this is that I am accustomed to the notifications showing up in the status bar, and therefore am not in the habit of searching for them.

And yes, notifications are activated in the Market downloads menu.

Is mine an isolated case, or has anybody else experienced this anomaly?

I'd very much appreciate some feedback.

Thanks in advance,

C

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones