• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

Hi

So i've installed 1.9 and have a few questions about the pre installed apps

What is Autokiller, Autostart, Swapper 2, Qplayer(which wont open) and why are there 2 music players again? whats the difference?

just want to know before i go messing with them

Cheers

Autokiller is an app killer,task manager, etc.

Autostart, is to check apps on boot.

Swapper 2, is to use swap.

QQplayer, is a video player, which you have to move to a different folder , to make it work.

I don't know why Mur4ik insists on MIUI.

Upvote 0
I have everything working now :) Great first post dudeman :)

One question though; I read a while back that task killers were a pretty bad idea, and that android itself would handle memory management for maximum benefit to the user. So I'm not really too happy about "auto task killer" sitting around, nor am I really interested in Swapper 2 if it causes me to be unable to use my SDcard as remote storage. So I want to get rid of these programs, but they don't list under any application management accessible through the normal modes; market and application management under settings. How do I make sure these don't start up, or get rid of them all together?

Upvote 0

One question though; I read a while back that task killers were a pretty bad idea, and that android itself would handle memory management for maximum benefit to the user. So I'm not really too happy about "auto task killer" sitting around, nor am I really interested in Swapper 2 if it causes me to be unable to use my SDcard as remote storage. So I want to get rid of these programs, but they don't list under any application management accessible through the normal modes; market and application management under settings. How do I make sure these don't start up, or get rid of them all together?
I find that Titanium Backup is good for uninstalling apps that don't show up via the normal modes.

Reactions: mandelmanden
Upvote 0
I've installed CyanogenMod 7/Swiftdroid 1.9 on my phone, and everything works fine, apart from the SD card(the one that comes with the phone), which the phone doesn't seem to recognize and says is "Unavailable" under both "Total space" and "Available space" in the settings menu, and my computer doesn't appear to recognize my phone when i connect it via USB(i don't get any of the usual autoplay options or anything like that), but the Swiftdroid installer still works and i have been able to install new versions of Swiftdroid/Cyanogenmod without any problems, i had been hoping that the 1.9 update would have fixed the problem with the SD card....:(
Is there another way to get the phone to recognize the SD card? :) , it worked perfectly fine when i had installed Cyanogenmod 6 on my phone, but that made my phone so slow that it would be about 2 or 3 minutes before the phone would respond to anything i did...

How big is the SD card, and what class is it? It seems that SwiftDroid has problems reading cards with a larger capacity...

Upvote 0
Hi

So i've installed 1.9 and have a few questions about the pre installed apps

What is Autokiller, Autostart, Swapper 2, Qplayer(which wont open) and why are there 2 music players again? whats the difference?

just want to know before i go messing with them

Cheers

Autokiller is a task manager - remove

Autostart shows you which apps open on boot - remove if useless to you

Swapper 2 is an app that uses part of your SD card as RAM, doesn't work for me and degrades the life of your SD card - remove

Qplayer is a video player

The music player with the music note as the icon is the music player from the Japanese MIUI ROM, the one with the blue speaker is the stock, normal music player. You can remove the one you don't like.

Upvote 0

That's right, Task killers are no good, you can use Titanium Backup to uninstall it and Swapper :)

Upvote 0
atm im still using swiftdroid 1.8, it seems to have less bugs, Has there been a full change log released? i might have a little play with the roms to see if i can fix/merge 1.8 and 1.9 to fix some of the bugs.

No there hasn't been a full changelog released because it was just a minor update to CM7 final and a couple of buxfixes..

Upvote 0
Will I need the pro version? I can see an "attach to market" option, but it requires pro.
No you can use the free version to uninstall apps. The way I do it (which probably isn't the easiest way lol) is to press the menu button and then select batch. Then I scroll down the list to find "uninstall all user and system apps". OnceI have selected that, I press the "Deselect All" button. I then select the apps I want to uninstall and then run the batch operation. Please do make sure you press the "Deselect All" button first as if you don't, it will uninstall everything.
Hope this helps.
Ian

Upvote 0
KDZ Updater CarphoneWarehouse Unlocked.zip - A link to a zip archive with all the files needed to flash Android version 2.1 with fastboot (Carphone Warehouse Unlocked)

KDZ Updater Europe Open.zip - A link to a zip archive with all the files needed to flash Android version 2.1 with fastboot (Europe Open)

Download the version that best applies to you, if you live in the UK, I'd recommend you download the Carphone Warehouse Unlocked version, whereas if you live in Europe, I'd recommend the Europe Open version (simple right? ;) )

Now, how to flash these versions; I'll explain in detail how to flash the ROM's from starting with backing up.

Instructions to install ROM with Fastboot:
1. Before you start, make sure you backup all your data by installing the z4root.1.3.0.apk file onto your phone, then open it and choose 'Permanent Root'. Your phone will root and reboot. Then go to the Market and install 'MyBackup Root', open it and do a backup of your apps and personal data (contacts, sms, call log etc.) Once this is done, go to Settings>SD Card and Phone Storage>Unmount SD Card, a notification in the notification bar should appear saying 'SD Card safe to remove'. Remove the battery cover and remove the SD card and store it in a safe place. Then continue to step 2.

2. Extract the .zip file you downloaded to your computer (e.g. your desktop). Open the folder and install MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (msxml.msi).

3. Once that has finished, install LGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver1.0_All_Win7.exe which are the drivers so your computer will recognize your phone. Windows XP Users download this driver, extract the contents anywhere (e.g. desktop), right-click on the 'android_usb.inf' file and click 'Install'.

4. Next, open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
(i) Change 'Type' to '3GQCT' *THIS IS A MUST, THE UPDATE WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE AND YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE*
(ii) Make sure 'PhoneMode' is set to 'DIAG'
(iii) Browse for the 'V20B_00+Fastboot.kdz' file.

5. Prepare the phone by enabling USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development>Enable USB Debugging and connect the phone to the computer via USB cable and wait for the drivers to install for the phone.

6. Click 'Launch software update' and do not use your computer until the update is complete. The update will take roughly 10-20 mins to complete.

I have followed the above exactly until step 5 with both Carphone Warehouse and Europe open but the update then fails when I attempt step 6:

Code:
[12:59:04:482]  : =============================================
[12:59:04:482]  : Log is started on 18.04.2011, at 12:59:04:482, 
executable: E:\updating to cyanogenmod 6.1\KDZ Updater Europe Open\KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (ProcID: 0x000008b8), 
compile time : Sep  8 2010 17:19:53
[12:59:04:482]  : Version : 
[12:59:04:592]  : strFilename1 = eur

[12:59:04:612]  : m_DlMode = 4, m_strBinaryPath = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\europen+fastboot.dz, m_nSelectedImages= 70787108

[13:00:21:633]  : Start Web Downloading
[13:00:21:643]  : Get Usb Port
[13:00:21:693]  : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Bluetooth TransPort (COM22)

[13:00:21:693]  : Remove LGE Bluetooth TransPort (COM22)

[13:00:21:693]  : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port (COM19)

[13:00:21:693]  : FriendlyNameList[iii].szFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port

[13:00:21:693]  : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (COM20)

[13:00:21:693]  : Remove LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (COM20)

[13:00:21:693]  : WM_COPYDATA

Upvote 0
I have followed the above exactly until step 5 with both Carphone Warehouse and Europe open but the update then fails when I attempt step 6:

Code:
[12:59:04:482]  : =============================================
[12:59:04:482]  : Log is started on 18.04.2011, at 12:59:04:482, 
executable: E:\updating to cyanogenmod 6.1\KDZ Updater Europe Open\KDZ_FW_UPD.exe (ProcID: 0x000008b8), 
compile time : Sep  8 2010 17:19:53
[12:59:04:482]  : Version : 
[12:59:04:592]  : strFilename1 = eur

[12:59:04:612]  : m_DlMode = 4, m_strBinaryPath = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\europen+fastboot.dz, m_nSelectedImages= 70787108

[13:00:21:633]  : Start Web Downloading
[13:00:21:643]  : Get Usb Port
[13:00:21:693]  : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Bluetooth TransPort (COM22)

[13:00:21:693]  : Remove LGE Bluetooth TransPort (COM22)

[13:00:21:693]  : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port (COM19)

[13:00:21:693]  : FriendlyNameList[iii].szFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB Serial Port

[13:00:21:693]  : rsi.strFriendlyName=LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (COM20)

[13:00:21:693]  : Remove LGE Android Platform USB GPS NMEA Port (COM20)

[13:00:21:693]  : WM_COPYDATA

Upvote 0
hey dudeman, ever since i updated to 1.9 my phone keeps on rebooting randomly almost always...i think it has something to do with the auto task killer so i removed it plus you said it was bad..still observing for now but do you have any idea why my phone keeps rebooting randomly?? is it not happening to you?

Hmm I'm not too sure why it's rebooting randomly, are you overclocked? Got lots of processes running in the background?

Upvote 0
hi guys my first post here but i just flashed cyanogen mod 7 RC0 by MUR4RIK and the SD card isnt mounting as well as the phone wont mount either im guessing these are related to each other but i want to install apps and listen to music please help!

When did you flash it? How large is the SD card? And what class is the SD card?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones