• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [UPDATED 28/12 - NEW INSTALLER] CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3.4 Is avaliable for GT540!

That's weird.. Are you connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data?
I'm connected to wi-fi only i don't use my data. Thing is i have been able to connect very briefly to my wi-fi internet, i can access the market and you tube and other sites but when i leave it and come back later i can still connect to router but no wi-fi internet! it's driving me insane! rebooting the phone sometimes works but not everytime i'm really thinking about going back to 2.3.5 and hoping that it'll go back to normal unless someone can help! :(

Upvote 0
Thanks dudeman!!!

I managed to get hold of my old xp laptop and run the exe. After installing the new recovery the new rom worked fine. Thanks soooo much i really happy because i kept coming across problems and now they're all gone and i feel up to date :)

Should i install v6 super charger or do ya think it would interfere with the way murik made the rom? It changes the ram allocation and oom grouping. Thanks again

Upvote 0
I can't get into recovery mode (I hold ''home'' button on startup but i only have a blank screen). What should i do?
:thinking:

I'm not sure if you already do this but hold-down home before you press power. Just to make sure it's been done correctly keep holding it for a good few seconds or until it reaches recovery. Alternatively, if you have the later roms installed you can access recovery by changing the reboot options to recovry. I hoped i helped :)

Upvote 0
I don't know why i couldn't run recovery mode but i did run fastboot and installed it automatically.
I S**t myself when accidentally disconected USB connection while processing and after trying again, i couldn't install the mod again and also previous version didn't work. But i deleted all files from computer and tried again and luckily it works now.

Can i ask you which option do i have to choose on a startup? It says something in Russian and i have no idea... or at least what it asks???:thinking:

EDIT:

+why don't I have network connection? (I can call, but i can't use internet)

2.EDIT:
ALL DONE

Upvote 0
I cant use the exe you provided me with because norton thinks it's a threat and deletes it immediately. Could you perhaps rename it so it's not an executable file and then i'll add the file extension? By the way i found android fastboot interface in my devices but if i type fastboot devices or fastboot flash it says:

"fastboot" is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Just disable Norton while you install it. It's a false ID, I made the .exe myself and the download links are direct. It shows that message cause the fastboot.exe file isn't in the same folder as your cmd. Also, what version of Windows are you running?

Upvote 0
Thanks dudeman!!!

I managed to get hold of my old xp laptop and run the exe. After installing the new recovery the new rom worked fine. Thanks soooo much i really happy because i kept coming across problems and now they're all gone and i feel up to date :)

Should i install v6 super charger or do ya think it would interfere with the way murik made the rom? It changes the ram allocation and oom grouping. Thanks again

There's a much better app for oom grouping. I use it. It's called Auto Memory Manager; if you decide to use it, then let me know and I'll give you my settings which work brilliantly.

I'll look more into that V6 super charger and get back to you :)

EDIT: Can you link me to the V6 Super charger? I thought I saw it on XDA a while back, but now I can't find it

Upvote 0
There's a much better app for oom grouping. I use it. It's called Auto Memory Manager; if you decide to use it, then let me know and I'll give you my settings which work brilliantly.

EDIT: Can you link me to the V6 Super charger? I thought I saw it on XDA a while back, but now I can't find it
Ill happily try out that app if you give me the settings. I used v6 on 1.8 and it sped it up unbelievably.

[Script][U9 Beta 6.3!] THE V6 SuperCharger! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER! 3G & KAK! - xda-developers

There's the link to the v6 supercharger. You can download it at the bottom of the post. U'll need to use script manager and run it as root. If you do it will all explain itself to you. Problem is i tried it out and it said it might not be stable with busy box 1.9. I updated busy box and can't seem to downgrade :(

Let me know what you think and thanks for helping ;)

Upvote 0
Hehe, maybe a stupid question but is there any possibility to lower down the resolution??? :p

Does only my update have a little lag?? Can i fix that?

There might be a way, but I don't really recommend it.. It could really mess things up. Why would you want to do that anyway?

You could overclock the phone a bit if you want. Use SetCPU for that and don't go higher than 845MHz

Upvote 0
Ill happily try out that app if you give me the settings. I used v6 on 1.8 and it sped it up unbelievably.

[Script][U9 Beta 6.3!] THE V6 SuperCharger! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER! 3G & KAK! - xda-developers

There's the link to the v6 supercharger. You can download it at the bottom of the post. U'll need to use script manager and run it as root. If you do it will all explain itself to you. Problem is i tried it out and it said it might not be stable with busy box 1.9. I updated busy box and can't seem to downgrade :(

Let me know what you think and thanks for helping ;)

Well, SuperCharger claims to work better than Auto Memory Manager. So I'm going to uninstall that, and try this out. I'll let you know what happens :D

Upvote 0
Well, SuperCharger claims to work better than Auto Memory Manager. So I'm going to uninstall that, and try this out. I'll let you know what happens :D
Well... I tried auto-memory manager and it doesn't seem to do that much so perhaps if you were to give me those settings it may improve performance.

Let me know how you get on with v6 and i'd like to know what settings with which method you recommend works best.

PS I think v6 worked better on 1.8 because it was worse off stock but i'm not that sure

Upvote 0
Well... I tried auto-memory manager and it doesn't seem to do that much so perhaps if you were to give me those settings it may improve performance.

Let me know how you get on with v6 and i'd like to know what settings with which method you recommend works best.

PS I think v6 worked better on 1.8 because it was worse off stock but i'm not that sure

The settings I used were as follows:
First press menu then edit I think it is, its an option to manually input the numbers instead of using the slider cause it's more accurate. Once you get that up, set the numbers like this in order from top to bottom:
6, 8, 26, 28, 28 32
Then apply it, reboot and it should take effect.

I'll let you know about SuperCharger tomorrow after I've had a chance to use it in my day.

Upvote 0
I used your custom settings with v6 super charger and it worked quite well. There is the occasional spell of lag (usually during market use) but otherwise I cant complain. I am using a minimum clock speed of 320mhz and maximum of 600. If i were to overclock it i think lag would be VERY scarce. I'm impressed and happy with my phone (finally). Sadly there are just two things that i don't like but they're hardware issues:
The Lack of flash-yes i know there is a "modified version" but it still doesnt really work. Things load but when they are about to play it closes the browser.
The lack of multi-touch (I wish i could pinch zoom....)

Upvote 0
I used your custom settings with v6 super charger and it worked quite well. There is the occasional spell of lag (usually during market use) but otherwise I cant complain. I am using a minimum clock speed of 320mhz and maximum of 600. If i were to overclock it i think lag would be VERY scarce. I'm impressed and happy with my phone (finally). Sadly there are just two things that i don't like but they're hardware issues:
The Lack of flash-yes i know there is a "modified version" but it still doesnt really work. Things load but when they are about to play it closes the browser.
The lack of multi-touch (I wish i could pinch zoom....)

For me, it V6 SuperCharger hasn't changed much for me.. It still lags, but I think the reason is my fault because of the amount of processes that are running from the apps I use. The phone simply doesn't have enough RAM for me :(

Upvote 0

can i have ur setting in auto memory killer ?

Upvote 0
[a][D][z];3349953 said:
can i have ur setting in auto memory killer ?

First press menu then edit I think it is, its an option to manually input the numbers instead of using the slider cause it's more accurate. Once you get that up, set the numbers like this in order from top to bottom:
6, 8, 26, 28, 28 32
Then apply it, reboot and it should take effect.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm the biggest noob when it comes to all this, so could someone please help me with a few things? :)

1. my phone will no longer connect to the pc through usb, it says to press the button below to copy files between computer and sd card, but the button never shows up, it just displays the loading symbol
2. how do i install themes and such?
3. what are some values for setcpu to optimize batterylife? i used some found on a different website but my phone froze everytime my screen turned back on and would require a battery pull.

any help is appreciated :)

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm the biggest noob when it comes to all this, so could someone please help me with a few things? :)

1. my phone will no longer connect to the pc through usb, it says to press the button below to copy files between computer and sd card, but the button never shows up, it just displays the loading symbol
2. how do i install themes and such?
3. what are some values for setcpu to optimize batterylife? i used some found on a different website but my phone froze everytime my screen turned back on and would require a battery pull.

any help is appreciated :)

1. It's most likely because of Swapper2. If you don't know what it is, just delete it. You can't uninstall it like any app, you have to open Root Explorer, then go to /system/app and find the swapper .apk and delete it. If you can't find it, it should be in /data/app.

2. You can download themes from here. You just copy the .apk file to your SD Card, then use a file manager app to open and install it. Then open the 'Theme Chooser' app and apply the new theme!

3. Well, if you set the min to the lowest value (122 MHz) then that should help in saving some battery life, setting max any higher than 600 MHz is gonna start reducing battery life because 600 is the default. You can go one step lower (480 MHz), but I don't recommend going any lower than that.

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones