• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

UPDATED: My store will have the Nexus 12/15. New Date Confirmed!

sorry I've been silent. I have been the only salesperson at the store today so have now just had a chance to get on the forums.

Our official word is that we don't know anything. We have contacted our Verizon corporate representative who is unable to give us any further information.

As soon as I have any more information, I will post the update in this thread.

If you are not currently aware, there is a nationwide 4g outage which is my speculation (pure speculation) on what is causing the delay.

Upvote 0
I am the owner of the store Aaron works at and we have them in stock right now!

I've been instructed that we can start selling them tomorrow morning!

Sweet. Please TURN OFF YOUR EMAIL AND PHONE so that you aren't able to receive another "hold the presses" message from Verizon further delaying the launch.

Imagine the business you'll get...

Reactions: Matthew
Upvote 0
I have a dilemma...

I want to upgrade my kid's phone for christmas, but I can't decide on the Prime or the Rezound. From everything I read, other than the ICS update, there is nothing too amazing about this phone. So I am wondering if the Rezound would be better because it is supposed to get the update in the beginning of the year. Opinions?

Also, my kid is not eligible for the upgrade till the 18th, so I am wondering if the Prime will even be in stock. Anyone think there will be a shortage?

Upvote 0
I have a dilemma...

I want to upgrade my kid's phone for christmas, but I can't decide on the Prime or the Rezound. From everything I read, other than the ICS update, there is nothing too amazing about this phone. So I am wondering if the Rezound would be better because it is supposed to get the update in the beginning of the year. Opinions?

Also, my kid is not eligible for the upgrade till the 18th, so I am wondering if the Prime will even be in stock. Anyone think there will be a shortage?

given all the speculation about this release being a soft launch, you will probably be fine by waiting till the 18th. regardless, if its only 4 days away, im certain that any corporate store would be willing to go the extra mile and get that line upgraded early. :)

Reactions: scooby8611
Upvote 0
I have a dilemma...

I would go with the Rezound. I think it's more kid-friendly in terms of music, etc. It may also drop in price a bit depending on when you do the upgrade. Once the Optimus aka the Prime aka the Nexus hits, check both of them out -- I noticed the Nexus felt a bit "delicate" and if your kid is anything like I was as a kid that phone will be in and out of warranty repair. Not sure if the Rezound is any more solid, but checking the builds of the two phones next to one another is a definite smart move.

Only concern I would have re: the Rezound as a parent is Beats audio may be too loud (again, if your kid is anything like I was as a kid, he'll lose his hearing by the time he's 20). I didn't lose mine, but with technology (and Beats audio) for today's yoots, one can't be too careful.

Hope this helps...

Reactions: scooby8611
Upvote 0
I have a dilemma...

That's a tough one, the Rezound may actually have better specs, and be more user friendly with better eye candy (sense). I am really curious to know what they will do with the four buttons when it gets the ICS upgrade in late 2012. I love HTC, but the Nexus will be my first non-HTC android phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones