• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root updates once rooted

chalky378

Feb 5, 2011
hello everyone im kind of new to this but iv managed to root and install recovery but my nexus keeps telling me to update so i click ok then it reboots and goes into custom recovery and fails. iv looked at a lot of posts and someone said you can update manually but i cant find the post which tells you how to do it. can anyone tell me or t least point me in the right direction as im really strugging to find the post.
many thanks in advance

hello everyone im kind of new to this but iv managed to root and install recovery but my nexus keeps telling me to update so i click ok then it reboots and goes into custom recovery and fails. iv looked at a lot of posts and someone said you can update manually but i cant find the post which tells you how to do it. can anyone tell me or t least point me in the right direction as im really strugging to find the post.
many thanks in advance

Flash back to the stock recovery in order to accept OTAs. This is common across all devices.:)

Upvote 0
I tried to use the Root Tool Kit BUT my Nexus is not listed JR003D Also I have a 64 bit version of windows 7 and I cannot find the appropriate Root Tool Kit download..

Use JRO03C. It will work. I have win 7 64 bit also. The one at his site worked fine. Just follow the link for NZTechFreak's guide at the bottom of this OP. You might want to wait on version 1.5.3. Its due anytime now and its supposed to have a better ClockworkMod Recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones