• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Updating Outlook Email more often?

chenry888

Jul 1, 2010
So I set up my outlook email for work on my X. I checked the Email Delivery settings --> Fetch Schedule and saw that "Every 15 Minutes" is the most often it can do.

Is this the setting that tells the phone get inbox updates? I need my work emails updated atleast every minute, is there a way to do this for ONLY this email account? (Not my gmail, or any other email account)

Maybe a workaround would be to have a text sent to me whenever something new is in the Outlook inbox?

Thanks for your help!!

If your company uses Microsoft Outlook Exchange, you'll need to check the box "Data Push" under your messaging preferences.

Go to:

Apps>Messaging>Click the menu button and go click settings>Email>Email Delivery>Data Push

If your work is on an Exchange Server, this should push your Exchange emails to your phone as soon as it's delivered.

If you're not on Exchange, then it looks like 15 minutes is the minimum allowed unless someone out there knows of a hack.

Upvote 0
Apps>Messaging>Email>Click the menu button>Refresh

I just tested 5 emails from my work (not on phone) to my hotmail (on phone)
2 using the refresh, they both popped right up within seconds
2 waiting with Data Push on and Fetch set to 15 min, they took 10 minutes
1 more immediatley following receiving 3 and 4, it took 20 minutes

Manual refresh works for hotmail...I don't think I can set hotmail to push...right?

Upvote 0
Follow up question for me....

I have 2 Outlook emails set up on my X. One as you know, needs to be updated pronto with bells ringing and vibrations. The other I would like it to stay quiet and it can update whenever it wants. But it seems that when I set one email with some settings, it also does the same for the other Outlook email.

Why can't I have different notification/delivery settings for each Outlook email? Or can i?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones