• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

skelband

Lurker
Jul 4, 2011
Here's an interesting snippet which might interest others.

My daughter has one of these Telus branded phones but she has a FIDO SIM.
With stock firmware V10c it didn't work.
However, with the V10d upgrade, it works fine.

I seem to remember somewhere reading that one of the things fixed in the update was a "roaming" issue. Presumably whatever band was not supported before is now.

I'm a happy camper to be sure and I don't have to delve into ROMing and the like. :D

Here's an interesting snippet which might interest others.

My daughter has one of these Telus branded phones but she has a FIDO SIM.
With stock firmware V10c it didn't work.
However, with the V10d upgrade, it works fine.

I seem to remember somewhere reading that one of the things fixed in the update was a "roaming" issue. Presumably whatever band was not supported before is now.

I'm a happy camper to be sure and I don't have to delve into ROMing and the like. :D

My girlfriend had a fido SIM, I unlocked the phone and SIM didn't work. So I switched to a newer SIM I had lying around and it works. I'm guessing they just added support for older legacy SIM cards...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones