• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help URGENT: Battery Life Issue

44cuse

Nov 29, 2009
I will caveat this post by saying I have already taken the following steps:

1. Looked for related forum topics to where, IMO, I have not seen this issue described in the way I am seeing it.
2. Have had a battery life monitor installed for months.
3. Killed all obvious background running processes and tasks.
4. Deactivated or modified background apps (except for Twidroid which I will do today). Completely removed WeatherBug but that did not change anything.
5. Screen brightness is always turned down to lowest level and haptic feedback is set only for actions like the camera.

None of the above worked. I have had a Droid since the day they came out and this is now my 2nd one due a screen issue about 5 months into the first one.

Starting on 4/27/09 in the evening, my battery is draining at least 10-20X faster than normal. With a full charge, the phone could not make it through the night (normally this would use 10-20% on my battery). With a full charge, my phone made it about 3.5 hrs yesterday before completely shutting down. Last night, again with a full charge, it did not make it through the night.

I am seeing the following message: Error binding widget: 21. But there are or seem to be no other background apps, processes, or tasks running out of the normal. The largest battery consumer yesterday at one point was com.mediaserver I believe.

Anyone have any guesses as to what is up?

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones