• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Urgent Help! Possible ruined Droid 1 =(

Mr_Pent

Lurker
Jun 19, 2011
So I was trying to install a custom rom (liquid gingerbread) on my rooted phone, and I was following everything perfectly, according to this video. ‪How to Install Custom ROM on Moto Droid 1‬‏ - YouTube

And everything was going smoothly, but I had a giant mental lapse durring the formatting of the partitions. I thought in the video he said that formatting the SD card was fine (obvious mistake, I know), so I did, and completed eveything else. Then I realized that nothing was no longer on my sd card( including my backups). So am I just screwed with no hope of recovering my phone to working condition? Please, any help is very appreciated.

Sorry to hear that. Good news/ Bad news...

Bad news

Unless you backed up your SD card info on your PC or Mac then yes you lost your backups, media files, etc.

Good news

You can still get your Droid up and running. In clockwork mod, you can mount your phone as a mass storage device so technically you can download a ROM on your PC then transfer the zip file to your SD card so you can load the ROM.

Get your USB cable, plug your Droid to your computer and in Clockwork go to partitions menu and scroll to mount USB storage. Your computer should recognize it and then you can load a ROM on your SD card.

Reactions: Mr_Pent
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that. Good news/ Bad news...

Bad news

Unless you backed up your SD card info on your PC or Mac then yes you lost your backups, media files, etc.

Good news

You can still get your Droid up and running. In clockwork mod, you can mount your phone as a mass storage device so technically you can download a ROM on your PC then transfer the zip file to your SD card so you can load the ROM.

Get your USB cable, plug your Droid to your computer and in Clockwork go to partitions menu and scroll to mount USB storage. Your computer should recognize it and then you can load a ROM on your SD card.

You are a life saver, Thank you so much. Google saves all of my contacts n stuff automatically anyways, and I use google+ so it uploaded all of my media already. so that isn't a very big deal for me. I just need a working phone.

Should there be any reason why I cant boot my phone into clockwork?? I can go into bootloader and it says low battery, cant program, etc. Should the battery power lever keep me from opening it?

Upvote 0
You are a life saver, Thank you so much. Google saves all of my contacts n stuff automatically anyways, and I use google+ so it uploaded all of my media already. so that isn't a very big deal for me. I just need a working phone.

Should there be any reason why I cant boot my phone into clockwork?? I can go into bootloader and it says low battery, cant program, etc. Should the battery power lever keep me from opening it?

Yes, make sure you have sufficient battery life. Plug it in the outlet first, make sure the plug is securely attached. I get that message sometimes and I find that my cord is not secured.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones