1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Urgent Help! Possible ruined Droid 1 =(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr_Pent, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Mr_Pent

Mr_Pent Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    So I was trying to install a custom rom (liquid gingerbread) on my rooted phone, and I was following everything perfectly, according to this video. ‪How to Install Custom ROM on Moto Droid 1‬‏ - YouTube

And everything was going smoothly, but I had a giant mental lapse durring the formatting of the partitions. I thought in the video he said that formatting the SD card was fine (obvious mistake, I know), so I did, and completed eveything else. Then I realized that nothing was no longer on my sd card( including my backups). So am I just screwed with no hope of recovering my phone to working condition? Please, any help is very appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Mr_Pent

Mr_Pent Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    Bump, Im really in crisis here

3. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Sorry to hear that. Good news/ Bad news...

Bad news

Unless you backed up your SD card info on your PC or Mac then yes you lost your backups, media files, etc.

Good news

You can still get your Droid up and running. In clockwork mod, you can mount your phone as a mass storage device so technically you can download a ROM on your PC then transfer the zip file to your SD card so you can load the ROM.

Get your USB cable, plug your Droid to your computer and in Clockwork go to partitions menu and scroll to mount USB storage. Your computer should recognize it and then you can load a ROM on your SD card.

Mr_Pent likes this.
  4. Mr_Pent

Mr_Pent Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    You are a life saver, Thank you so much. Google saves all of my contacts n stuff automatically anyways, and I use google+ so it uploaded all of my media already. so that isn't a very big deal for me. I just need a working phone.

Should there be any reason why I cant boot my phone into clockwork?? I can go into bootloader and it says low battery, cant program, etc. Should the battery power lever keep me from opening it?

5. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Yes, make sure you have sufficient battery life. Plug it in the outlet first, make sure the plug is securely attached. I get that message sometimes and I find that my cord is not secured.

6. Mr_Pent

Mr_Pent Lurker
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    I got it working again, and have Liquid GIngerbread installed. Thank you so much for your help. Such a relief.

7. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Yup clockworkmod is an invaluable tool. :D