• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [US Celluar] US Cellular Galaxy S4: Unfortunately, Internet has stopped

Ok, as mentioned in the subjecT I have the Samsung galaxy s4 through U.S. cellular. Idk what's wrong with my phone the last couple months it's been going super slow even in the Wi-Fi! But what's really irritating me is when I go to the default internet and I go to close out the Windows and a message pops up, "Unfortunately, Internet has stopped." Every time, no matter how I come about it. I have tried restarting the phone, master reset, took the sd card out, went through the apps and killed it! I swear other things too I just can't remember now lol. And after I click ok, it reloads the internet back on the last page I was on. Even if I clear the browser history, the windows are still there!!! Please, someone help me!!!

Step 1: Go to your "all apps" page which lists every application.
Step 2: Tap and hold down "Internet" until you are able to drag the icon.
Step 3: Drag Internet icon to "app info" on the top.
Step 4: Clear cache / Clear data / and FORCE STOP (in that sequence).
Step 5: Victory.

*Lingering issue* To fix the "closing windows" option in windows manager for Android Internet, go to "developer options" in settings>more>developer options. Scroll all the way down to the app section and uncheck "do not keep activities."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones