• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help US cellular on Verizon?

G

godlovingman

I hope I'm posting in the right place and or not asking a question that's already been answered but a coworker found a US cellular s7 with a broken screen on a shelf at food lion I think. Can it be activated on Verizon? I also worried about what if someone reported it stolen and they possibly get me for stealing it or am I just worried for nothing in that situation?

Turn it back into the Food Lion Store. It's not your phone. Your name is godlovingman, so now do what's right.
I'm not the one who took a coworker did they gave it to me last night at work I'll give it back to them tonight that's why I posted what I did I'm not a thief never have been or ever will be I'll just give the phone back to my coworker who picked it up and gave it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Do the right thing. It's not your phone. Turn it in to Food Lion.
I don't know where the coworker who gave me the phone got it from I'm going to give them the phone back and tell them to turn the phone back in. I don't want anyone to think I'm a thief when I'm not my coworker got the phone I'll give them the phone back tell them to turn it back to wherever they found it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
its all good. we know you are not a thief.......lol
but yeah found phones can be tricky. the imei most likely has been been blacklisted as lost or stolen so you most likely will not be able to use it any ways until a provider removes the blacklisting.

plus who would want to use a s7 that has a broken screen. getting the screen fixed will probably cost you more than the phone is worth anyways.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
I'm sorry again everyone for the post like I said I'm not a thief never have been or ever will be I'm giving the phone back to the coworker who gave it me tell them to turn it back wherever they found it and I'm deleting my profile/account I don't want anyone thinking I'm a thief!

Upvote 0
its all good. we know you are not a thief.......lol
but yeah found phones can be tricky. the imei most likely has been been blacklisted as lost or stolen so you most likely will not be able to use it any ways until a provider removes the blacklisting.

plus who would want to use a s7 that has a broken screen. getting the screen fixed will probably cost you more than the phone is worth anyways.
OK thanks I don't want anyone thinking I'm a thief I'd rather leave the forum than have anyone think that!

Upvote 0
I'm sorry again everyone for the post like I said I'm not a thief never have been or ever will be I'm giving the phone back to the coworker who gave it me tell them to turn it back wherever they found it and I'm deleting my profile/account I don't want anyone thinking I'm a thief!
like i said its all good. you did the right thing in at least asking for advice here.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
No need to leave or be sorry or think you've done something wrong, stick around for a bit - it's a great forum full of helpful people. Sometimes it's hard to 'read' what people meant but no one was implying you're a thief.
That's how it made me feel like I was being called a thief like I said a coworker gave me phone thinking they were helping me out since I'm still using an galaxy s6. But like I've said I'll give them the phone back tell them they need to take back wherever they got it from.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones