• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Charger for Tab 4

dbvirago

Jul 11, 2010
Just got a new Tab 4 8". I had configured an old Samsung 2 for my boss and it had the old proprietary charger, so I was pleasantly surprised to see what appears to be a standard usb. Before charge it into my Android phone charge and screw something up, is it standard? If so can I also use my usb to trickle charge from my laptop?

Looking at the charger base it says, 5v and 1amp. Looking at both of my Motorola chargers, there's no info on either. My old Nook base says 5v and 1.9a

Hope this is the right place to post, couldn't find a Tab 4 forum.

TIA

All phone and tablet chargers (with the exception of a VERY few Chinese tablets) are 5 Volt microUSB. The amount of current isn't critical - if the charger can't supply enough, it'll take longer to charge. (If the "charger" is a 5 Volt, 200 Amp power source, that's fine - it can supply enough current for the phone. The phone won't draw more power than it's supposed to.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones