• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB data transfer failure

Terence Pang

Apr 16, 2019
Hello. I've plugged my USB into the Samsung USB A to c adapter then plugged into my phone.
I successfully copied a mp4 video from my phone to the USB drive.

But, when I plug the USB thumb drive into my PC, I can read the files that was originally in that USB but not the mp4 video that I transfered from my phone.

But if I plug the USB back to the phone, I can watch that video.

If anyone knows how to solve this, please give me a hand. Thank you.

what does the error say?

It just says Windows Media Player encounters a problem when playing the file.

But after I trying moving the file from my PC to this USB. I reckon that the problem is more likely to lie on the usb thumb drive. Actually, the drive itself is not mine. The drive is old and also almost 100% full (but theoretically can still fit a short video in it). When I try to copy the video from my pc to the usb drive, it says error with the code 0x800700EA. The video itself is around 40MB and the space left in the thumb drive is 80MB.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones