• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB not being recognized?

lhammond117

Lurker
Mar 29, 2011
I just had my LG Optimus C arrive today, and when I plug my USB cable into my computer, it isn't being recognized. At first I heard the sound that my computer has acknowledged hardware, but now I don't. I have tried unmounting and remounting and unplugging and replugging. I just don't get the icon in the notifications bar whenever I plug it in/mount. I think I'm just going to try restarting everything after this.

I have Windows XP SP3.

You have to go into Settings>SD Card & Phone Storage and Check Mass Storage only!
Then when you plug in the device to the computer you will get the option to turn on or off USB mode. If you want to access the micro Disk on your computer then turn it on, but the phone will not have access until you turn it off again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones