• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using Cyanogenmod with a different carrier.

amagras

Jan 20, 2016
Hi, I have a Canadian Galaxy S3 that folks here helped me load with Cyanogenmod 10.1 http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/991338/
I'd like to be able to use it with a different carrier (Cuban phone company cubacel) that I know it is compatible with this particular phone's stock rom once it's unlocked.
Can you guys help me understand if there is something I need to do in order to unlocking it the one that's running Cyanogenmod? Is this a different process that needs to be performed directly in the hardware? Right now inserting the sim doesn't work.
Thanks!

Looked back over your original thread. You have the i747M. When you put the new carrier's Sim in the phone and boot up do you get a invalid sim message? If phone was never Sim unlocked from your original Carrier I think you need to contact them for the unlock code.

With AT&T they have a form to complete on their web site before/ if they send you code. Also think you need to flash back to stock in order to unlock. Check with your original Carrier.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much for the responses.
If I understand correctly I would have to restore the stock rom that at/t can possibly provide for free, then I'll have to unlock it (because it was originally locked to Bell Canada) then I can flash cm or stay with the stock rom and that should do it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones