• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Various issues

Flash 10.1 works out of the box....

IMG021_edit0.jpg

Upvote 0
hey guys,
after reading a lot on galaxy 5 and optimus one,i m confused which one to pick.galaxy 5 does have an edgse of less price but i need froyo.Also,ihave read alot about hangingand restarting problems inoptimus one as well as galaxy5 on this forum.
both the handsets have some serious problems.what to do plz help
i require a phone with android os and good internet speed as well as good screen
plz reply
thnx inadvance

Upvote 0
hey guys,
after reading a lot on galaxy 5 and optimus one,i m confused which one to pick.galaxy 5 does have an edgse of less price but i need froyo.Also,ihave read alot about hangingand restarting problems inoptimus one as well as galaxy5 on this forum.
both the handsets have some serious problems.what to do plz help
i require a phone with android os and good internet speed as well as good screen
plz reply
thnx inadvance

Optimus one has a much better screen resolution but a worse screen :) (color depth is worse).

But having Froyo and a promised update to Gingerbread is worth something ;)

My phone doesn't hang or restart at all, but I read that it might have something to do with using a slow microSD (buying a class 6 seems to solve the problem for some people).

Internet speed and reception (both phone and 3G) are very good in my opinion.

Reactions: Av_CrazY
Upvote 0
Optimus One specific:
- Call Log (because there's no physical 'call' button, you can make a shortcut to the call log)

For anyone: I don't actually use that many apps, but I'm partial to:
- RealCalc (scientific calculator with RPN option, now I can sell my HP42S ;) )
- AdFree (no more pesky google ads)
- Barcode Scanner (ZXing)
- Astro file manager
- CalWidget (beats the standard calendar widget to death)
- SMS Backup & Restore (Ritesh Sahu)
- Spare Parts (for battery info)
- Toddler Lock (to keep my 2y old entertained)
- Angry Birds (just great)

Hi, sorry but I really don't see the point of installing astro file manager, because by default we already have I/O Manager. Unless something is missing or different between them? It'll help if anyone would share :)

Just bought my P500 less than a month ago. :) I find it really nice for it's price, espcially the promise of 2.3. But just a question though, do angry birds run really slow on your phone? =/

Upvote 0
Hi, sorry but I really don't see the point of installing astro file manager, because by default we already have I/O Manager. Unless something is missing or different between them? It'll help if anyone would share :)

Just bought my P500 less than a month ago. :) I find it really nice for it's price, espcially the promise of 2.3. But just a question though, do angry birds run really slow on your phone? =/

Hey,

I don't have the I/O manager. Maybe part of your 'branding' pack?

Angry Birds is just playable (some screens show a lot of lag, though)

Upvote 0
Just download quick settings ( the one with the green icon). Open and tap menu button. Customize and you will see hidden settings. Move wifi hotspot up to the visible settings by grabbing icon on right of screen.

Then all you need to do is open quick settings press wi fi hotspot and laptop can connect through phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones