• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root VEGAn Gingerbread is here! [experimental build]

SolidOrange

Android Expert
Sep 10, 2010
Clemson, SC
gojimi said:
*************EXPERIMENTAL INSTALLERS BEWARE*******************
There is no support yet for these, and feature requests are not being taken just yet as it is still in a state of flux. With that said I know alot of you are itching to try something new. Keep an eye on this page and the linked page below as I will be uploading as I build from here on out...

These are Experimental Builds.... what does that mean? Well it means it worked on my dev tablet and may be missing a feature or two and or include some code that is not quite finished.

These are BLEEDING EDGE!

VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition - Experimentals - xda-developers

Reactions: xmr405o
FYI- This is almost out of the experimental phase and it'll soon be a beta. That's when i'm gonna jump on this even though I'm super duper happy with my Vegan Rom.

I trust when Gojimi slaps his beta stamp that most if not all the bugs will be fixed.

Edit: I just added the new link to the Complete list of ROMS and kernels thread.

Reactions: SolidOrange
Upvote 0
FYI- This is almost out of the experimental phase and it'll soon be a beta. That's when i'm gonna jump on this even though I'm super duper happy with my Vegan Rom.

I trust when Gojimi slaps his beta stamp that most if not all the bugs will be fixed.

Edit: I just added the new link to the Complete list of ROMS and kernels thread.

i will probably make the jump when it hits beta status too. if i decide i like 4.1.1 better, that's what backups are for.

Upvote 0
anyone flash this yet?

Yes, like the looks, but I'm trying to workout a few problems that I'm having (probably PBKAC)

Google Maps Force Closes on me every time.
Market issues (can't load, or find apps)
Few other applications just stop responding / sleeping then deciding to wake up again later.

EDIT:
Maps issue fixed, had to use an older version.

Upvote 0
I've had my gtab for about 3 days, got Vegan 5.1.1 running on there very nice and stable with Clemsyn kernel. I would love to go the Gingerbread route, but was hoping for something a little more stable first as my wife uses this too and she is not tech savvy, she still has a flip cell phone lol.

Does pretty much everything work on this GB build?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones