• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Velocity 0.3 and Google Genie (weather widget)

Hey all,

I have a copy of the Google Genie APK that has transparancy and was previously using it. Velocity 0.3 has the Genie widget (was it in 0.2 as well...don't recall) and I've tried removing it via a script in the terminal emulator. Removed fine, but I cannot install the APK I have for some reason. Simply comes up with the error "Application not installed". When I do attempt to install the APK, a message comes up saying that "The application you are installing will replace another application". I know that the file versions are different as well.

Any ideas? Love the transparent widget.

It's probably signed by a different keystore. If Trident rebuilt Genie when he included it, he may have resigned it, and now you can't install over it with a different sign.

Try rebooting after removing it, and going to Manage Applications. There may be something there for you to uninstall even though the apk is gone. I'm not sure, but it could help.

Reactions: wgbeatty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones