• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon and Samsung technical service can neither one help!

I got a Droid X and kids' mom got a fascinate. All she did was complain it is junk! Well, she likes to complain a lot, so I didn't give it much thought.

After listening to it for a few months I decided to swap my X for her Fascinate. We were sent a replacement Fascinate and swapped at that point.

I kept my card from the X, she kept hers from the fascinate.

The fascinate is by far the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned.

GPS rarely works.
Phone locks up when I try to delete a picture from the gallery
Internet is slow, if it even works at all
WON'T MOUNT TO MY COMPUTER!

I'm using my Droid X card and data cable.

Samsung tech says I need the actual Samsung data cable or it won't work.

Verizon says I need the Samsung sd card in the phone because it has certain drivers I need.

Edit: Kids' mom says the Samsung cord was trashed long ago, and she is a PITA to get the Samsung card from...

Anybody know?

It's sad that I'm still using my Eris because it's a superior device compared to the Fascinate.

As far as the phone being worse than the Eris that is just down right not nice. There is obviously something wrong with the phone. Have you done a factory reset? Is the phone still on 2.1 or has it been updated to 2.2? Do you plan on rooting and loading a custom ROM?

As far as missing hardware goes just order up some new goodness!
Samsung Micro SD Card

Galaxy S USB Cable
Both Should be the first result.

Upvote 0

I got a Droid X and kids' mom got a fascinate. All she did was complain it is junk! Well, she likes to complain a lot, so I didn't give it much thought.

After listening to it for a few months I decided to swap my X for her Fascinate. We were sent a replacement Fascinate and swapped at that point.

I kept my card from the X, she kept hers from the fascinate.

The fascinate is by far the biggest piece of junk I've ever owned.

GPS rarely works.
Phone locks up when I try to delete a picture from the gallery
Internet is slow, if it even works at all
WON'T MOUNT TO MY COMPUTER!

I'm using my Droid X card and data cable.

Samsung tech says I need the actual Samsung data cable or it won't work.

Verizon says I need the Samsung sd card in the phone because it has certain drivers I need.

Edit: Kids' mom says the Samsung cord was trashed long ago, and she is a PITA to get the Samsung card from...

Anybody know?

It's sad that I'm still using my Eris because it's a superior device compared to the Fascinate.

I think you have a lemon or two eris is trash compared to the Fascinate. The GPS and all the other bugs have been mostly fixed with the 2.2 update. Id have verizon send me a anther new one. RE when Verizon replaces the phone it has already been used so it my have been defaulty from the start and the patches they made to the device were not affective.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, but I've had enough of this... the hammer finally one. Life is way too short to spend as many hours as I have talking to customer support about what the problem may be. Numerous factory resets and a replacement phone also with numerous factory resets and it's still garbage!!! After the last factory reset, the phone wouldn't do anything... just freeze up and start vibrating.

And I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT own a phone that HAS to use a specific cable and card of it's own brand.

Verizon has lost me and my $240 a month as a customer.

IMAG0482.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help, but I've had enough of this... the hammer finally one. Life is way too short to spend as many hours as I have talking to customer support about what the problem may be. Numerous factory resets and a replacement phone also with numerous factory resets and it's still garbage!!! After the last factory reset, the phone wouldn't do anything... just freeze up and start vibrating.

And I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT own a phone that HAS to use a specific cable and card of it's own brand.

Verizon has lost me and my $240 a month as a customer.

IMAG0482.jpg

I take it you used a Sledge Hammer. PS i know u said ud never by another Samsung but i think u should give the SGS2 Im sure they have taken steps to make this the best yet!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones