• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [AOSP] LIQUIDSMOOTH-v1.4 (5/18/12)

Hello everyone,

I've been using the liquid V1.25 for a while and want to take it to the next level with 1.35, but the links on Rootz Wiki and at the beginning of this thread don't seem to go any where. Is it still available?

When I click on the link to get the ROM, it says that chrome cannot find it. :-(

I just flashed the latest radio (IMM76K - 4.0.4) and am having no problems.

Thanks
-S

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

I've been using the liquid V1.25 for a while and want to take it to the next level with 1.35, but the links on Rootz Wiki and at the beginning of this thread don't seem to go any where. Is it still available?

When I click on the link to get the ROM, it says that chrome cannot find it. :-(

I just flashed the latest radio (IMM76K - 4.0.4) and am having no problems.

Thanks
-S
I too cannot download it from anywhere that I've searched. Kind of a bummer.

Upvote 0
Apparently there is a link posted in the thread on RootzWiki. Its near the end. I haven't had time to look yet but will post when I do.
You might want to wait for 1.4 which is due out shortly. 1.3.5 is nice, but there are some pretty big improvements from what I hear. There was a hosting issue, too many d/l from what I understand, and they're trying to fix it.

Upvote 0
I installed this today and it's working great so far, the only thing I've noticed is that changing the signal icon color does not actually change it, unless I'm missing something. I went through and replaced the stock wifi/radio and battery images with some orange ones that I made so that they go with my orange setup.

Screenshot_2012-05-15-13-43-27.png

Reactions: TrueGreen
Upvote 0
I installed this today and it's working great so far, the only thing I've noticed is that changing the signal icon color does not actually change it, unless I'm missing something. I went through and replaced the stock wifi/radio and battery images with some orange ones that I made so that they go with my orange setup.

I may be mistaken, but I'm fairly certain that the signal color only changes if you have it set to display as text as opposed to the bars.

Upvote 0

Where'd you get the stock google search bar? I've been looking for it and can't find anything but the grey bar.

Upvote 0
I'm really liking this ROM so far, it's fast, smooth and working without any issues so far. The fact that you can do a lot of customization is a big added bonus. I was able to change all of the notifications to orange (in the ROM settings) but I had to manually replace the radio and battery images with some that I made.

Screenshot_2012-05-16-10-14-49.png

Upvote 0
The one issue I do have is that my notification icons are gone, and I can't figure out what setting brings these back. Which radios did you use? the new 4.0.4 ones?

Under Liquid Control go to Status Bar and select "General", scroll down to "notification color" and change it to something other than what it is and they should show back up. I'm using the 4.0.4 radios.

Reactions: danarchy
Upvote 0
Long time reader, First time poster (In years anyway..lol)

Just picked up my nexus today. Was already rooted and on Gummy. Gummy wouldn't prompt me for Google or even allow manual add so I gave up and flashed this

Trying to figure out if i need to flash the radio. Lot of info on here to sort through but currently working okay with 1515.FA02 105dBm stregth. this looks like its from the leaked Radio release probably around from previous user. Is the official an improvement and work well with this ROM? (4.0.4 (IMM76K) )?

Really like the phone and ROM. Had a droid X but took an OTA and cant root it anymore without getting linux crazy. This is a ridiculous improvement over that in every aspect.
Lots to do in this ROM. still messin around.

Big thanks to everyone in these forums. been reading posts for days, developing a plan and learning how this phone works

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Long time reader, First time poster (In years anyway..lol)

Just picked up my nexus today. Was already rooted and on Gummy. Gummy wouldn't prompt me for Google or even allow manual add so I gave up and flashed this

Trying to figure out if i need to flash the radio. Lot of info on here to sort through but currently working okay with 1515.FA02 105dBm stregth. this looks like its from the leaked Radio release probably around from previous user. Is the official an improvement and work well with this ROM? (4.0.4 (IMM76K) )?

Really like the phone and ROM. Had a droid X but took an OTA and cant root it anymore without getting linux crazy. This is a ridiculous improvement over that in every aspect.
Lots to do in this ROM. still messin around.

Big thanks to everyone in these forums. been reading posts for days, developing a plan and learning how this phone works

The 4.0.4 (IMM76K) radios have been working fine for me on this ROM.

Reactions: jbarrett020
Upvote 0
This is the best ROM around hands down.....I donated as well as others have mentioned, i heard someone say 1.40 was just around the corner I sure hope! I am holding off upgrading to 1.35 from 1.30.
They dropped an RC last night which looks to be the final 1.4 version from what I can tell. I did not flash it my phone is being replaced today but from the irc chan it looks pretty solid. I think everyone is thinking of a Friday release but I've seen dates come and go.

Reactions: Laxstar785
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones