• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Facebook confirms 02/24/11 release.

I was at Best Buy today and they confirmed it will be in on the 24th! I can pre-order for 50.00 and have my name put on one. They'll issue a gift card and the phone is mine when it comes in on the 24th. Since they wont have a live version to play with, I can still go to my local Verizon store and check it out before I commit. The Best Buy phone will be held for me until I pick it up and I'm not even obligated if for some reason I decide not to get it. Very convenient!!

Upvote 0
I just hope nobody in my area reads these forums. ;) I will be as close to first in line at VZW as I can. I have two stores within 3 blocks of each other and they are right down the street from my job. I will let my boss know I will be leaving and coming back with a big sheet eating grin. :0

lol nice. I know the phone is going to sell well, but hopefully, at least all of us guys here will get it release day.

Upvote 0
Oh, no I pay $224.99 unless I get it on 1yr. I failed to mention I am in the window for an annual upgrade, it's my ne2 that is 15 May 2011. My sons line has an annual on 15 March but they wont move the date for me. I haven't pushed too hard yet though. I hate to waste my ne2 line for just an annual upgrade but if I go for 1 year it wont cost me an extra $70.00 with the $25.00 discount they are gonna throw my way.

Upvote 0
I just hope nobody in my area reads these forums. ;) I will be as close to first in line at VZW as I can. I have two stores within 3 blocks of each other and they are right down the street from my job. I will let my boss know I will be leaving and coming back with a big sheet eating grin. :0

You think there will be more than 2 people in line.. unlike the iPhone launch? :p
I wonder if Verizon will call all it's employees in to handle this.
Sorry, I can't resist laughing at 25 employees to serve 2 in line :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones