• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Request Stock Chat Heads APK

I moved this to the Verizon all things root forum for you. :)

Non- rooted members wouldn't be able to access the apk to help you out. ;)

Have you tried downloading the stock ROM for your device and pulling it out of there?

I was unable to find it in the stock rom when I was doing a Titanium Backup prior to flashing my phone with the Cyanogen image. I am hoping someone else knows what it is called.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Does anyone have the apk for the version of Chat Heads that shipped with the VZW GS4? After rooting and loading a custom rom on my phone I loaded the latest version from the play store but they added some really annoying and non configurable features. I'd like to return to the previous version. Thanks in advance.
Here's a link to a thread where one of the posters (#5) put up a download link for a zip file of all the Verizon stock apk's. Maybe the one you want is in there? I don't know what the filename is for the chat heads apk, but you might want to try this. Good Luck!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2318184

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones