• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Screen Freeze after first reboot

So had enough problems with my first gs3 that when I got a replacement I didn't root it for custom roms for 4 months. So now I got the itch back to do it. So I rooted using the Casual root and choosing twrp recovery system. Everything worked fine supersu shows up and I am able to reboot into recovery. I tried the following roms
CM 10.2
OSE Rom 4.3
and Gummy's nightly 4.4.1

All three boot in the first time and i get gapps started no problem.
Everytime i then shut off to reboot I get stuck in boot animation even leaving it for 15 minutes.

I then tried reflashing the boot and unlock zip from this rooting procedure thinking it was a boot issue [GUIDE] Root for Jelly Bean 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 OTA ***UPDATED 5/29*** - xda-developers

That didn't work. Luckily made a backup of my original rooted stock rom I go back to each time and the boot works fine.

Any suggestions anything I am missing i really would love to run some custom goodness on my phone

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones