• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Verizon Speck Case

offanairplane

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
TX
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...ryDetails&archetypeId=12252&accessoryId=46298

htc_incredible_speck_cov.png

I was leaning toward the Case-Mate Tough Case, but I didn't know there was a Speck case available, since it's not listed on Speck's website, but I was browsing accessories on Verizon's site, and found this. Now I am leaning more toward this one, since I think it looks better, and I've know lots of people who use Speck cases with their iPhones and they seem pretty nice.

Anyone tried this one yet?
Do you mind sharing your likes and dislikes?

Thanks in advance!

I don't own that case myself, but I do recall reading complaints that the red paint chips off with regular use. Looks nice though!

I could be wrong, but I thought the red part was silicone, and the black part was painted plastic? Maybe the black part chipped off.

So this case has been out for a long time?
I have read a lot of threads about cases and never saw this one mentioned, so I assumed it was new.

Upvote 0
I don't own that case myself, but I do recall reading complaints that the red paint chips off with regular use. Looks nice though!
I thought it was the gradient case where the paint wore - this one is not painted as far as I know. The main complaint I've heard about the Speck case is that it picks up dents and scratches quickly. I've handled one in the store and that did seem rather likely.

It is basically a hard silicone or TPU type case with red accents.

Upvote 0
I thought it was the gradient case where the paint wore - this one is not painted as far as I know. The main complaint I've heard about the Speck case is that it picks up dents and scratches quickly. I've handled one in the store and that did seem rather likely.

It is basically a hard silicone or TPU type case with red accents.

I think you're right about it being the gradient case that scuffs and paint chips.

The only downside I've read about this case is that it's really shiny when it's new, and it dulls a little over time. But I would expect that, and that wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

Upvote 0
I did see a picture of one of these cases after it had been used for a while, and it was scratched up pretty bad on the back.

I really do like the look of it though.
I'm going back and forth between the Speck and the Case-Mate Tough Case.

getDynamicImage.aspx

or

htc_incredible_speck_cov.png

Hmmm......

Does anyone know if the Case-Mate is a lot thicker than the Speck. If it is, I'm going with the Speck. If they are about the same, I'll probably go with the Case-Mate. Either one will probably protect the phone just fine, but the Case-Mate probably won't show wear as soon.

Upvote 0
I've had the gradient since day one. The black scraps off. None of the red or should I say the coating over the red has scrapped off. The case itself is actually all red.

I want this speck case but it won't let me purchase it on verizon site. I'm assuming its out of stock. For 14 bucks and free shipping, you can't beat that. To bad I can't buy it!

Upvote 0
I've had the gradient since day one. The black scraps off. None of the red or should I say the coating over the red has scrapped off. The case itself is actually all red.

I want this speck case but it won't let me purchase it on verizon site. I'm assuming its out of stock. For 14 bucks and free shipping, you can't beat that. To bad I can't buy it!

You can get it here. But not as cheap.
CandyShell for HTC Incredible - Black/Red - Smartphone Cases

Upvote 0
hey, i have this case, and i LOVE it.

the black does not chip off at all. it's really sturdy and kinda hard to take off.

note, when prying it off, DON'T press on the camera to push it off! (whoops)

the red parts are a silicon of sorts, really rubbery and grippy, and the black is some sort of plastic. yeah, the back is scuffed up, now, but it still looks good.

i like it cuz it feels almost like an otterbox-type of protection. however, it doesn't make it too thick.

definitely a good buy! also, it was cheaper than the website said when i bought mine, too!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones