• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon system now shows 12/15

good find. However i'm still reluctant to listen to trust anything besides an official VZW announcement. As we get closer to tomorrow i keep thinking of how last Thursday morning the forums and blogs sites were blowing up with how the next day wasn't going to happen.

It was the 4g issues. Remember the white razr was supposed to launch 12/8 and did not too. That's when the 4g issues started. 2+2=

Yes they sold the new Xoom or whatever it's called, but that's pretty low volume. They weren't worried about that killing the phone lines.

Upvote 0
UNCOOL! i just received a $100 discount off any phone promo coupon thingy in the mail today, so i called verizon to see how i could go about redeeming said coupon. i talked to 2 different people in their sales dept. (1st guy had no idea what promo i had received) and said i would like to use it on the nexus. the lady i was transferred to kinda chuckled and said my coupon expires the 25th so i should find another phone because the nexus "ain't happening" before it expires. whaaa?!?!? GRRRRR!!! i tried to get more info out of her and she politely said "we aren't allowed to discuss the nexus situation at this time". whatever....i'm still gonna check my local verizon store thursday morning.

Upvote 0
It was the 4g issues. Remember the white razr was supposed to launch 12/8 and did not too. That's when the 4g issues started. 2+2=

Yes they sold the new Xoom or whatever it's called, but that's pretty low volume. They weren't worried about that killing the phone lines.

I've been assuming that was the cause of the delay(s) for awhile. It's a lot easier for people to cook up the whole "Google Wallet Showdown" conspiracy thing, volume button problems and/or Verizon's desire to play games with its geeky customers, but the 4G problems made the most sense as cause for the delay(s).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones