• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Tethering

Set up your ap in the tethering menu, then use the widget to turn it on. Wipe hands on pants.

Sorry for the noob question, but set up what app? FoxFi? And then use the Fattin widget?

Sorry, ap=access point. Go to your phone settings->more... (below data usage)->tethering and hotspot->set up

That's where you'll name your access point, set the security, and password. From the previous menu, if you try to check Portable WiFi Hotspot, you'll get the popup to subscribe. However, once you've done the setup, go back home and click the Fattin widget. Shortly you'll get a WiFi tethering started notification, and other devices should see your phone.

Upvote 0
So how do you not get caught for tethering when you use this widget? What makes this work as opposed to going through the regular settings? (just want to know before I start running up my tethering lol)

I don't know about anyone else, but I plan on using it with my laptop and I'll only be surfing the same way I would if it were just my phone. No streaming, no big files, etc. So my usage statistics won't change at all.

I have no idea whether or not there is another way they can tell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones