• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] [VMOBI][ROM] CyanogenMod 10.1 g60style [FINAL][2013-07-28]

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g60madman

logo.png

README:
I will be leaving this ROM intact for downloads but will be moving on to CM10.2 work. No sense in wasting time with CM10.1 anymore 4.3.3 here we come :D

GET TO KNOW YOUR DEV:
A long time dev on Android Forums, two years has to count for something right? LOL :D Upto this point I have only worked on Virgin Mobile phones Motorola Triumph, HTC Evo 4g, Samsung Galaxy Victory, Samsung Galaxy S3. Starting from CM7 through CM10.1. I also started Development Teams MTDEV, HTCDEV, and the final team which brough it all together Vmobi. I recently had to move to Verizon due to lack of coverage for my Wife and me so here I am.

KNOWN ISSUES
∙ IR does not work

DOWNLOAD:
Team Vmobi

INSTALL ROM:
You will need to be rooted and have a custom recovery CWM or TWRP. Boot into recovery and do a full wipe, cache and data and install ROM and Gapps. I am hosting Gapps as well to help speed up the download.

DONATIONS:
Send me a beer if you appreciate my work!

HOW TO BUILD THE ROM:
So you want to dev huh? First setup your environment and then download the source code. Easy peasy!

Reactions: Podivin
FEATURES
Build 20130728
∙ Replaced CM toolchain with Linaro 4.8-2013.06
∙ Updated CM Source code to July 28th
∙ Added Vmobi Updater (Allows for auto updates in ROM)

Build 20130724
∙ Removed CM Browser
∙ Removed CM File manager
∙ Removed CM Updater
∙ Removed CM Wallpapers
TESTING
∙ Added first tweaks with OTA Updater in build.prop for easy future upgrades

Upvote 0
Build 20130728
∙ Replaced CM toolchain with Linaro 4.8-2013.06
∙ Updated CM Source code to July 28th
∙ Added Vmobi Updater (Allows for auto updates in ROM)

By replacing the tool chain the ROM increased in decent speed based on Quadrant Standard. When installing the new ROM make sure to wipe cache and dalvik cache and install ROM. Also added in Vmobi Updater which allows for ROM auto updates in the future. Also has a built in donate button if you feel inclined :D

toolchain.png

Reactions: killajoe
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones