• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very disgruntled

Beanz123

Lurker
May 15, 2011
Hi there! My name is Beanz. I am a 5 foot 2 red headed ball of fury who is going bonkers trying to figure out how I messed up my brand new phone.

I was hoping someone could possibly point me in the direction where I might get some IT assistance....before my brand new Optimus 1 finds itself embedded in some drywall or possibly underneath the shiny black tires of my car...

I love this phone, but seriously. I have no idea what im doing, and have no problem admitting I seriously messed something up. Lol.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out... IM VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

OK, heres the story.

The other day, I randomly got a couple messages in my notifications bar at the top of my screen. They both had to do with low memory on the phone. When I tapped on it, it directed me to my application management. This is the part where im not afraid to admit I was a total idiot and decided it would be a brilliant idea to "Clear Data" on a bunch of them. Now, I was in the "All" applications list and started at the bottom, working my way up......not only did I do it to a few apps/games I downloaded but a BUNCH of regular OS things.....deleted ALL my contacts, my phone wont ring, my clock/alarm disappeared, among other things. Almost like I deleted pieces of the program or something. Im really frustrated, my boyfriend told me to do the power button+down volume+home button reset on it but it wont let me, he has done it to his and it fixed everything and deleted everything but his pictures, which is what im fine with doing since im already missing stuff anyway.... I dont know what to do!

Any advice??

Upvote 0
Wow.

That's....impressive

Do a factory reset. See here for simple, step-by-step instructions:

Free Cell Phone Repair Tutorials: LG Optimus One P500 Hard Reset procedures, restore to factory setting

1. From the main home screen, tap menu
2. Select Settings, then Privacy
3. Select Factory data reset
4. Select Reset phone
5. Enter the password if required, then confirm by selecting Erase everything

Then have your boyfriend set everything up for you and use your phone.

And don't touch things you don't understand. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones