• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help VGA output?

Not sure how its possible. there is NO HDMI port, like the HTC EVO.
and there is no other video port on the phone

Is it possible to have VGA output? How about RCA or HDMI? I often show photos (and sometimes videos) at other people's homes' large screen TVs.

(I know there's DLNA, but I'm discounting that because most people don't have that yet.)

Upvote 0
I am able to use my computer thats linked to the same wifi/lan network to play the music on the pc speakers or show pics and videos on the pc screen. After u select play u can select a player on the phone and should be able to find the pc listed as one of the player. Need to authorise pc to share also before trying to find it on the phone. I think its quite a feature. No dlna or cables required

Upvote 0
I was hoping that the Inspire would support a simple USB to VGA/HDMI cable, but doesn't look like it supports it.

The only other solutions I found out there is to set Inspire to USB mass storage device mode and use it with a USB to VGA media adapter (which are about $50). Or get a portable DLNA media device that has HDMI output (about $100+), such as this one:
HTC Media Link DLNA streamer review -- Engadget

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones