1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Vibrate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by naviwilliams, Aug 19, 2011.

1. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Male
    Atlanta
    Confused a little here, and this is probably because I've used an iPhone and BlackBerry for so long.

Anyway...

If I switch my Samsung Infuse to the vibrate\silent mode, when calls, emails, text, tweets, facebook, google+, and other items come through, shouldn't it vibrate?

I've noticed that in some apps, like twitter, and facebook, there are options to turn on vibrate. BUT, if I do this, and the device is set to 'sound', then it tends to vibrate, too when a new notification comes in for that application.

Bottom line is, I want when the device is set to silent\vibrate ALL notifications come through as a vibrate. But, if I have the device set to 'sound', ALL notifications come through as sound.

Does that make sense? And thus how can I achieve this?

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder

This is a prime example of what I refer to as "overkill customizable" nature of android...

There actually isn't a way to do what you wish to accomplish...each application has it's own settings ...the system is only going to handle "system" notifications

naviwilliams likes this.
  3. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Male
    Atlanta
    ..so Mr Ed. you typically either have sound on for EVERYTHING, or not at all?

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    I am an attention whore..so sound is on for everything...and everything has a different sound ... I use zedge to dload or ringtone trimmer and or audacity to make my own ringtones...

everything has it's own unique sound so I always know what is what.

The only way to "silence all..is to use "silence all"

I do that when I am in a meeting etc...just hold down the volume all the way down i think.