• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Chat - screen side camera - rotating video

CaelynTek

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
So I've had my Xoom since early June. Right after I got it I went on a business trip and was very happy that I was able to video chat with my wife over 3G. I thought it was fantastic that I could flip from the facing camera to the main camera to show her things I had picked up on the trip.

Well, not long after getting back home, the first time my wife sent me a video chat while I was at work, this problem arose.

When using video chat, the feed of me going through the chat, rotates. You know, turns me sideways, then upside down, eventually all the way around, at an uneven speed. It rotates in my little view of me on my end, and on the other end, in the view of the person I'm chatting with.

I doubt it's a problem with the camera, cause it only does it in google video chat. And it only does it one way...IE the people I'm chatting with don't rotate. If I use the facing camera to film video for any other reason....video blogs, etc... no rotation.

I thought maybe there was a problem with the G-Sensor, but it appears to work with other things just fine. (I can't find any place to calibrate the g-sensor on this thing anyway)

So I doubt it's the camera, it has to be software related, could be g-sensor related, but probably not.... seems to be contained solely in the google video chat software, but wasn't like that to begin with.

Does anyone have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones