• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Video Format in Gingerbread

I’ve had this Optimus for almost two years. While learning the ropes, I’ve been as helpful as I can for those who need it, received 123 thanks as evidence. Then I have a question for you and ask it on the most relevant forum. This question could be answered by anyone with an Optimus running Gingerbread, which is pretty much everyone but me. But, a week later, no answer, to the easiest question anyone ever posted.

Upvote 0
I downgraded my Optimus S to Froyo, long irrelevant story. Then I shot a video and its format is the impossible 3gp format, which looks fine on the phone but unreadable on stuff like Win Media Player. I’ve heard that newer Android sytems use the friendlier mp4 format when complaining about this Droid Video Nightmare.

So, my question: what video format does a Gingerbreaded Optimus S use?

I took a video of my cat and the details showed a 3GPP format. I think what they mean by newer versions is ICS, Jellybean, etc. Although my name is MrFroyo, I upgraded to gingerbread a few months back

Reactions: jefboyardee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones